FTP Server Requirements ?

Home Forums Help and Support FTP Server Requirements ?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    djdynamite
    Participant

Can’t use MplayerCE FTP, can’t use port 21 due to my crappy ISP. :/

wolffpc
    Participant

When I come back home, I will try MplayerCE’s ftp and I will report any news…

us1929
    Participant

Well I declear failbus wins. Ive had no luck at all getting FTP access working, I give up 🙁

Dont suppose anyone else had any success ?

winconmj
    Participant

@skanksta wrote:

I disabled PSV mode in my FTP Server, using direct connect only and port 21
    I had a win, it actualy connected, listed the files, I was able to stream a xvid
    across the wireless connection via FTP perfectly, I was amazed and happy.

But now another problem, it only did it once, when I exited from the FTP share
    I got an error on the screen, saying that the settings config could not be written
    too. So I restarted the Wii and started WiiMC again but now it wont connect again.

Exact same here.

After some FTP log analysis and some asking around some forum admins i have deduced the program is in the code and is caused by either:
    The server being configured to always use the same port for passive mode connections
    OR
    The client is configured to always use the same port for active mode connections

I believe it is the second that is the problem as other clients work fine.

I remember having many similar problems with MplayerCE last year.

So….. Any of the app developer want to have a go? 😕

DIMzone
    Participant

I have not been able to get FTP working yet on WiiMC… However on 1.0.2 I have gotten SMB to work. As for Mplayer-CE (latest betas)… Here is the workaround I found to get it working-

1) Restart your Wii
    2) As soon as you open Mplayer (.77) navigate to the Shoutcast section and start a stream (I start a radio stream just for speed)
    3) Once the stream starts goto your FTP and open it… works everytime for me…

However I only get 1 movie in (.avi) and at the end of the movie it will feeze trying to load the next. Or if I try to navigate to another movie half way through I get a freeze.

Let me know if this help anyone… I believe there is an issue in initializing the network through FTP and first must be done via online content. This workaround does work for me in Mplayer even if it’s a pain. And the files run perfect.

As for WiiMC… I think we will have to wait and see with 1.0.3 when it comes. I suggest setting up a SMB (also suggested from the WiiMC team) for now if you want to use WiiMC.

segascream
    Participant

In france i’m using ftp with my ADSL set top box “Freebox”.
    Into the settings, if I write something in folder value (ex: Disk/Pictures) I have an error.
    But if the value is empty, it’s ok.

Try it at home…

Pryce
    Participant

I had exact the same problems! But i figured out how to fix it.

You must edit the settings.xml file with a text editor on your computer. The places you must edit are BOLD

scroll down till this entry:

<variable name="ip" value="your ip here” description=”FTP IP” />
    <variable name="folder" value="Path here (leave it blank if you want)” description=”FTP Name” />
    <variable name="user" value="you username here” description=”FTP Username” />
    <variable name="pwd" value="the password here” description=”FTP Password” />
    <variable name="port" value="Port here” description=”FTP Port” />

<variable name="displayname" value="Name here” description=”FTP Display Name” />

Save the file, put the card back into your wii and enjoy wiimc…

sinok
    Participant

I’ve done excactly as you describe above, but it still says “Error Failed to connect to FTP site”
    I’ve forwarded the port correctly and i have no problems connecting my pc to my ftp.

What to do?

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • The forum ‘Help and Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Login

Lost Password