Here is what Plays and what does not

Home Forums Help and Support Here is what Plays and what does not

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    bakeapples
    Participant

@BalancedLineOut wrote:

I noticed that H.264-coded MP4 files will go out of sync (audio lags video), whereas the Xvid avi’s did not – they played right through without issue.

My evaluation/test was season 7 of Bones – the format changed from epi6 to 7

When watching H.264 files I could get audio to sync back…sort of… if I stopped watching ( returning to file list) and going back into same video.

S~

This happens to me too all the time! 🙁
    But then I press back/left on the Wiimote to go back a couple of seconds and this fixes the audio/video sync! 😉
    Well… at least for a while! 😛

bakeapples
    Participant

@jhb50 wrote:

This has been explained many times. Any video over 640 wide and in particular h264 will start to demand more resource to decode than the wii can offer thereby slowing the video while the audio plays normally and the sync will get progressively worse. Some videos up to 854 wide will play OK but beyond that width they all seem to slow down.

Isn’t it possible to have some sort of auto frame skipping option to compensate for the audio desync problem on .MP4 files? 🙄
    It’s because the back button trick that I mentioned sometimes fixes it, so I it doesn’t seem a matter of processing power in that case! 😕

cadbusca
    Participant

The back button does not fix it, it just resyncs at the back point and audio desync starts at 0 and gradually increases until it becomes noticeable again.

bakeapples
    Participant

@jhb50 wrote:

The back button does not fix it, it just resyncs at the back point and audio desync starts at 0 and gradually increases until it becomes noticeable again.

I don’t understand much about the H.264 codec, but isn’t there a way to bypass some video frames in order to compensate for the audio delay? 💡 🙄 ❓

bakeapples
    Participant

Maybe updating to the latest revision of ffmpeg would have some slight speed improvements, since there’s been a lot of updates to the H.264 decoder, and the last time WiiMC updated that library was on June 2012! 🙄 😛

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • The forum ‘Help and Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Login

Lost Password