How to configure SMB on windows 7?

Home Forums Help and Support How to configure SMB on windows 7?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    barlycrn
    Participant

I have window 7 (32bit) and I am a PC..wait, I mean I am experiencing the same issues. My shares work fine with mplayer_ce .72 and miiplayer and my modded xbox with xbmc. i can’t connect in wiimc.

are you saying that uninstalling that KB/update fixed it for you?

barlycrn
    Participant

if there’s any other info i can provide to help trouble-shoot this issue, please let me know. Uninstalling that KB/update does not seem like a solution to me. The KB/update pertains to Window’s smb CLIENT, not server. I know I’m putting the right info in as I have these shares setup and working in Mplayer_CE, MiiPlayer, and XBMC on my xbox.

Here’s the only additional info that might seem relavent to me:
    PC: Windows 7 Pro (32-bit)
    IP: 192.168.0.11
    SM: 255.255.255.0
    GW: 192.168.0.1
    Share name: AdamsVideos
    username: xbox
    password: xbox

Additionally, after trying to connect with WiiMC and getting ‘unable to connect’…when i go to my PC, it shows that user ‘xbox’ is connected.

tbritot
    Participant

Hi ewookie

I do not want to suggest that removing the update is a solution. It is a workaround that worked for me. In my case mplayer_ce 0.75 was working fine until it wasn’t. I tried updating to the latest build of mplayer_ce 0.77 with no luck, then decided to try WiiMC. No matter what I did my Wii would not connect to the SMB shares until I removed the patch.

Good Luck
    Dagger

pomme
    Participant

I managed to configure SMB on windows 7 ๐Ÿ˜€ It works great! :

Share IP : 192.168.1.33 ( type ipconfig /all in cmd to see your IPV4 )
    Share Name: Music ( This is the name of the folder youre sharing )
    Username : Wilson ( here goes your windows 7 user account )
    Password : ( Your windows 7 account password ๐Ÿ˜‰ )
    AND IT WORKED ๐Ÿ™‚

barlycrn
    Participant

i also forgot to mention that i have rom shares setup on my Win7Pro PC that work fine in Fceugx and Snes9xgx on the Wii.

@willsonramal
    is your windows 7: home? pro? 32-bit? 64-bit?

@everyone else
    i would like to see everyone’s versions of win7…whether it’s Home, Professional, etc. 32-bit, 64-bit…and whether or not smb sharing is working for you…

@dagger2b
    do you have MS Security Essentials installed? It’s MS anti-virus…looks like a green flag down by the time…

reman37
    Participant

I have windows 7 home x64 and it works great…
    except freeze and code dump after 30+ min of viewing movie…
    one thing i did notice during setup was that i couldn’t go deeper into the share file to start… example(Movies/Comedy) first level of my share (movies) was the only thing i could use for setup
    after setup you can go anywhere you want in the shared folders.. I hope this helps

pomme
    Participant

Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bits, also i forgot to say i did what fellipepb07 did:

ยจGo to painel control and search for homegroup sharing and options. On the botton of the page choose Advanced sharing configurations.

On that page choose always the first option, except to the password part. On that option, disable it.ยจ

barlycrn
    Participant

My Problem Solved: It helps if you use the right password ๐Ÿ™‚

Zonta85
    Participant

Here’s another clue that might help others as well…. When your inputting the username, as in the name of the computer your sharing from, don’t put (like my example) MrHULETT-pc. That’s what displays in windows under the settings. Use your ACTUAL login name ex. Mr Hulett exactly how you have name when you login. I was putting what Windows calls my pc and I couldn’t get anything to work. Now, everything is shared. this is a kick ass player. I’m running Win7 64bit home premium.

nawaizkhan
    Participant

Have tried everything on this thread and still can’t get it to work. Running Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. Anyone got anything new? Keep getting cannot connect to network share. Would like to get the SMB Shares working. Player works great otherwise. I have my external hd connected to my wii and can view movies, but I’d like to be able to stream from my laptop.

Display Name: My Videos
    Share IP: 192.168.0.xxx
    Share Name: My Videos
    Username: blank (turned off password protect file sharing)
    Password: blank (turned off password protect file sharing)

pallbearer
    Participant

make sure you firewall is off

psasi
    Participant

It was ok yesterday, now i use the smb share and says the same error can’t connect to share folder :@ , i haven’t modified a thing. Disable the firewall and nothing. I’m using W7 Ultimate and KIS 2010

nawaizkhan
    Participant

Disabled my KIS 2010 firewall too and it still doesn’t work. It just erred out quicker.

psasi
    Participant

@budd67 wrote:

Disabled my KIS 2010 firewall too and it still doesn’t work. It just erred out quicker.

yes, the messages appears instantly, it’s like it doesn’t even check the network!!!

PD: Trying to unistall the update someone said in the first page of the post. I’ll let u how if this works

EDIT: tks dagger2b, unistalling that update was the trick, but there’s gotta be a workaround, can’t let the computer be at risk!!! So all the W7 users who have this update KB980232, will encouter this issue, and the only way to see ths SMB files by now is uninstalling such update. This needs to be fixed!!! .. Now back to Grey’s Anatomy ๐Ÿ™‚

nawaizkhan
    Participant

I was also able to get it to work by uninstalling the specified windows update and taking down my kis firewall. I’m a little wary of leaving myself so wide open, but it does work like a charm with the exception of the code dump 8 minutes into my movie. Not complainin, just explainin. ๐Ÿ˜‰

I’m sure the developers will get it together. I’m already a big fan of this media center project.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • The forum ‘Help and Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Login

Lost Password