New Channel installer says: "Unable to attain NAND access"

Home Forums Help and Support New Channel installer says: "Unable to attain NAND access"

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    HagBitlaultus
    Participant

Both, the 1.3 Installer and the 1.4 installer as well would not install the channel for me but instead give me a message saying

Error
    Unable to attain NAND access! Installer cannot continue

I have 4.2E and installed IOS58 as a WAD that I created with NUS-Downloader 1.5a
    “myuu” from the German forum wii-homebrew.com got the same problem, he is running under 4.3E (official ninty update)

http://forum.wii-homebrew.com/board4-wii-homebrew-area/board6-wii-homebrew/14011-wiimc-multimediacenter-für-die-wii/index59.html#post208743

I also tried patching IOS58 with NAND-Access via Dop-Mii, but that made the installer try to use IOS61 instead. Patching that one made it move to another IOS again and so on. I reverted all those changes after, all my IOSes remain unpatched now (except for IOS36 if nobody minds :roll:)

The Channel Installers 1.2 and earlier worked great for both of us, by the way.

ikefox
    Participant

Take a look at the post “Unable to attain NAND acces with Channel Installer” use DOP Mii 1.3 to reinstall ios 58 say no to all the patching and then reboot.

HagBitlaultus
    Participant

Well, as I already wrote: After playing around with patches I reinstalled an unpatched version of IOS58 (I don’t like an upside-down HBC ;))

So after all I already did what you recommend me. To be really sure I tried it once again, first deleting IOS58 with the Any Title Deleter then reinstalling it with Dop-Mii and as that didn’t seem to work out I also tried the WAD once again; but the problem still remains:

Unable to attain NAND access!

Edit: I just tried reinstalling the HBC and then again reinstalling IOS58… same result, nothing changed.
    Note: Trying to start the installer 1.4 with IOS58 deleted I would only get a black screen.

tmhxpumper
    Participant

I have the same problem.

Im using a wii upgraded to 4.3-u using the safe updater. Everything else works fine. I lost the abilities to install channels with the update to support ios58 due to the nand access error.

If they make the channel installer able to select an alternative ios (so i can select one with access) to start with im sure it will work fine again….

Edit: I just wanted to add that this only needs to be done for the channel installer. WiiMC itself runs fine on my wii from the latest HBC.

rodries
    Keymaster

This installer doesn’t need an IOS with NAND access. What it needs is to be run from HBC 1.0.8, with in the meta.xml.

If you’re not doing that, or you do not have a sane IOS58 (eg: from a fail-updater), the channel installer will fail.

tmhxpumper
    Participant

@Tantric wrote:

This installer doesn’t need an IOS with NAND access. What it needs is to be run from HBC 1.0.8, with in the meta.xml.

If you’re not doing that, or you do not have a sane IOS58 (eg: from a fail-updater), the channel installer will fail.

in is already in the the meta.xml and HBC 1.0.8 is installed.
    I’ll try reinstalling ios58 again.

tmhxpumper
    Participant

Something was borked in the IOS.

After reinstalling it worked. I tried this with the previous version and it didn’t but channel installer 1.4 works like a charm now.

For anyone having problem download Tantrics ios58 installer and make sure you have hbc 1.0.8+ installed like previously stated and you’ll be good to go.

On another note: it detected my hdd fine, not sure about others having issues. Vantec craddle w/500gb 3.5″ hdd.

rodries
    Keymaster

Good to hear 🙂

HagBitlaultus
    Participant

Ah, now I got the problem. All that IOS reinstalling and patching and so on was totally pointless, as my IOS58 was never the reason why it didn’t work.

It was the missing meta.xml!! I didn’t know about the function and that the meta.xml therefore is needed.
    Thanks for the help, now everything works.

Might be a noobish question, but wouldn’t it be possible to integrate the setting in the installer itself? So there wouldn’t be the need to have a meta.xml?

It’s because I alway use to delete the meta.xml files from all my installers so that they would be displayed at the last page of my HBC and not in-between all the apps. I guess there are many people out there doing that and nobody would realize that the missing xml would be the reason for the installer not to work…

rodries
    Keymaster

? Just delete the installer after you’re done, you don’t need to keep it around.

No I can’t integrate that – it’s a function of HBC, not my app.

HagBitlaultus
    Participant

Hmm… well I expected something like that. 🙁 I always keep all my installers because I regularly have my friends wanting me to hack their Wiis (it’s been at least ten of them so far) 🙄

Anyways, what about changing the error message to tell the actual problem instead of saying “unable to attain NAND-Access”?

Imho it should say something like: “Installation cannot proceed. Make sure to have set in your meta.xml and restart this installer trough the most recent version of the Homebrew Channel”

And if the reason is a damaged of missing IOS58, there should be an error message like “In order to run this installer you need a an unpatched IOS58 on your NAND.”

These are only suggestions, but I guess you’ll all know what I mean… 😉

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘Help and Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Login

Lost Password