sharing an external usb drive

Home Forums Help and Support sharing an external usb drive

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    mu_mind
    Participant

Hi guys, good news, I solved the problem and you helped me a lot, because all your answers pointed at no WiiMc problem … so I searched in my Win Xp and MS papers, and finally I found it and share with you:

There was a missing parameter in the registry … system/currentContrlSet/Services/lanmanserver/parameters called IRPStackSize; so I added it and tried with many values, finally left it in 10, where it worked fine (don’t forget to restart your computer).

So now the problem is solved: I can access my external NTFS disk (it must be shared from the root, not a subdirectory)

Thank you all very much, see you!!

Nile
    Participant

I ran into a very similar problem as detailed here. I’ve got a USB hard drive plugged into a Windows 7 machine and I successfully shared the first partition by entering the drive name and computer IP (for me, 192.168.1.6). However, when trying to access the second partition of the drive (both identical in size, both NTFS, both set to share whole volume) I can’t connect.

I’ll give Alberto’s regedit fix a try, see if that solves it. But interesting error I think.

regystro
    Participant

Did that work for you? I tried it on 10 and still couldn’t access the external drive. It works fine with mplayer CE though.

Nile
    Participant

I tried after adding the IPRStackSize value and restarting. Still no go. (Though when I look up the value after closing regedit it seems to switch back to hexadecimal from decimal…).

It’s one 2 TB drive divided right down the middle, both shared at the root, and I know both partitions are active because torrents are being seeded. But trying to connect to Drive 2 I’m always greeted by, “Error opening smb2:/”. 🙁

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • The forum ‘Help and Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Login

Lost Password