Stream live feeds from URL through VLC?

Home Forums Third Party Enhancements VLC Shares Stream live feeds from URL through VLC?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    cadbusca
    Participant

Now I understand. I thought VLC could open an RTMP stream but it cannot. It opens RTSP. That’s why RTMPDUMP is needed to read and feed the stream to VLC for transcoding. Thanks.

zany130
    Participant

Maybe i’m wrong. It could be done in windows too. Just need to try

Try this in windows shell:

PATHRTMPDUMPrtmpdump -v -r rtmp://cp86825.live.edgefcs.net/live/cielo_std@17630 -q | PATHVLCvlc -

(replace PATHRTMPDUMP and PATHVLC with the correct path).

If it works i can try to include support for rtmp in vlc-shares

zany130
    Participant

No results?

cadbusca
    Participant

“D:My Program DownloadsBase Install StreamingRTMPDumprtmpdump-WIN32-2.3.exe” -v -r rtmp://cp86825.live.edgefcs.net/live/cielo_std@17630 -q | “C:ProgramsVLC Streamervlc-1.2.0-git-20100815-0002vlc.exe” –

Works fine!!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

OK guys… You all are talking over my head… When you say “windows shell”… rtmpdump is not a recognized command… Are you using a third party application? jhb50… where and how are you entering that command line?

Sorry for my ignorance….

Thanks in advance…

lokiMidgard
    Participant

This is definitely interesting…if this means we can eventually start streaming rtmp with vlc-shares, then most of the sites that I watch live video feeds from would be available on WiiMC. This will be an awesome addition!

zany130
    Participant

@Fred-Bear wrote:

OK guys… You all are talking over my head… When you say “windows shell”… rtmpdump is not a recognized command… Are you using a third party application? jhb50… where and how are you entering that command line?

Sorry for my ignorance….

Thanks in advance…

You have to download rtmpdump.

Anyway: i’ve already made changes inside vlc-shares trunk to add support for rtmpdump. I’ve also done a partial implementation of Hulu as hoster. Unfortunately hulu servers use the new rtmpe handshake type 9 that is unsupported by rtmpdump yet. When rtmpdump team will add the new handshake, vlc-shares will gain a full featured hulu plugin.

For reference: http://stream-recorder.com/forum/rtmpdump-does-not-start-error-handshake-type-t8603p2.html

zany130
    Participant

Rtmpdump support is ready and will be available for the next vlc-shares version on linux and windows…

Anonymous
    Inactive

Sweet…

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • The forum ‘VLC Shares’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Login

Lost Password