Translation Instructions

Home Forums Development Translation Instructions

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    rodries
    Keymaster

Translation files are here: http://wiimc.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/source/lang/

New translations:

1) New translations should be up-to-date with the latest SVN. Find the translation file that is the most up-to-date and base your translation from that.
    2) Be sure to save translation files as UTF-8 without BOM. You can use Notepad++ as an editor to do this.
    3) Once the translation is completed, create a new topic on the Development forum and attach the file.
    4) I will provide a compiled version including the translation so you can check that text fits right. If it doesn’t, I would ask that you first try to shorten the text while retaining the meaning. Translations don’t have to be exact. For example the ‘Add SMB Share’ button could’ve also been labelled ‘Add SMB’, ‘New SMB’, ‘New Share’ or maybe even ‘Add’ since there’s a SMB symbol next to it. In general try to make labels as short as possible, while keeping the meaning – that’s what I tried to do in English. It’s good general practice. If some things still don’t fit, let me know and I will consider alternatives.
    5) Translations to non-latin alphabets need additional work. An appropriate fair-use font may be needed to display your language. First check if any of the existing fonts might be appropriate (http://code.google.com/p/wiimc/source/browse/trunk/fonts/). If not, you will need to locate a small font (under 2MB) that supports your language. Secondly, the GUI uses spaces to determine text wrapping, so if your language doesn’t contain spaces, artificial spaces may need to be inserted in appropriate places for any lines that need to wrap.

Translation updates:

1) Check this thread periodically for postings about new strings to be added. Sometimes I forget to make a post about a string I added. If I do, please make a post 🙂
    2) When updating a translation file, please grab the latest from SVN first rather than from your local machine or the Forum. Sometimes the files are different and this saves me the trouble of continuously merging changes.
    3) When you’re done, just attach the updated file to your thread on the Development forum.

Zer0_byt3
    Participant

Fist off all, thank you for use my spanish translation in the svn.

Well, as you know I can help you with the Spanish translation. Let me tell you that with latin language will be dificult to shorten the tags but I will try with Spanish translation.

I need some help with the compilation because I only program with web server language as php, asp.net but I never compile an application because I never do an app, only websites. I try to compile the svn but I always get the same errors, even with rodries libs. So I’m not good at this, sorry. Could you help me? Thank you in advance.

rodries
    Keymaster

As mentioned by oden, all translations need these two strings added:

msgid “This directory contains more entries than the maximum allowed (3000). Not all entries will be visible.”
    msgid “This playlist contains more entries than the maximum allowed (3000). Not all entries will be visible.”

French and Romanian need to be updated to match the others (same order and add missing strings). Traditional Chinese also needs to be updated and resubmitted in UTF-8 format.

axgarr
    Participant

someone have not updated their language to the latest version ..
    Please update your images from SVN

you can download your language form here

Precisely the languages are not yet updated:
    de.lang Updated
    fr.lang Updated
    es.lang Updated
    et.lang
    nl.lang
    ro.lang Updated
    zh.tw.lang (traditional chinese) Updated

Please support WiiMC and his developing…

âž¡ Please don’t attach in this topic your submitted language…

fishears
    Participant

I will update the romanian language file later today or monday. I was busy so I couldn’t do it until now. I just updated to the newest version and saw, that the romanian t (t with a line under it) is not displayed correctly. Is there a way to fix this?

rodries
    Keymaster

Yes, I see that. That means the font I’m using (Titillium) doesn’t contain that character. Either:

• Someone would have to create and add that character to the font file
    • You will have to substitute the Romanian ‘t’ for a regular ‘t’.
    fishears
    Participant

@Tantric wrote:

Yes, I see that. That means the font I’m using (Titillium) doesn’t contain that character. Either:

• Someone would have to create and add that character to the font file
    • You will have to substitute the Romanian ‘t’ for a regular ‘t’.

Are you not using Liberation Sans? Anyway I looked something up and found this:

Liberation

The comma below glyphs were added in version 1.04 of the fonts, which are included in F9 updates as of July 27. Older versions lacked both comma-below code points, and followed the Adobe convention, having a t with comma at U+162/3. In 1.04 a proper “t cedilla” is provided.

So could you use Liberation instead of Titillium?

Zack
    Participant

Hi!

I have prepared a Hungarian translation from the Romanian one at http://wiimc.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/source/lang/. I have attached it to this post: http://www.wiimc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=283 but I can send it email or upload it to google code if that would be better.

I am also volunteering to update it as well, just email me at peter.sasi ([google mail default ending].com) before every release, so that I can update or add translation for the changed and new items. Or tell me how it should work. 🙂

Cheers!

axgarr
    Participant

To all…

Please add theese strings in your *.lang file, and attach it in your localization topic

msgid "Color"
    msgstr ""

msgid "Size"
    msgstr ""

msgid "White"
    msgstr ""

msgid "Black"
    msgstr ""

msgid "Yellow"
    msgstr ""

msgid "Red"
    msgstr ""
    axgarr
    Participant

4 All!!!

Please add this string in your translation:

msgid "Sleep Timer"

Thanks 😉 😉

axgarr
    Participant

To All!!! (excluding jp.lang and it.lang)
    Newer strings to translate in your language:

msgid "sec"

msgid "min"

msgid "Blue"

msgid "Green"

msgid "Grey"

msgid "Orange"

msgid "Theme"

msgid "Purple (Default)"

msgid "Auto-Play Next Video"

Thanks for support!!! 😉

rodries
    Keymaster

Please also add:

msgid "Adding files to playlist..."

Remember first to download the translation from svn (there are a small changes)

axgarr
    Participant

@kavid0 wrote:

zh_cn.lang r349

and
    @jane.h wrote:

zh_tw.lang update for wiimc r352

I have deleted your previous posts. Please use only your assigned topic. Thanks 😉

For everyone: This topic is not a showcase where you can enter your update, please use the topic assigned to you. The use of this topic is only to indicate the new strings to translate. Thanks

axgarr
    Participant

Please update your Translation!!!

Here the code:

msgid "Browser Folders"
    msgid "Lock to Current Setting"
    msgid "Set to Last Browsed"
    msgid "Audio Language"
    axgarr
    Participant

Sorry… 😳
    But there are some translations to be changed:

msgid "Lock to Current Setting"
    msgid "Set to Last Browsed"

they will become:

msgid "Static"
    msgid "Use Last Browsed"
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Lost Password