Translation

Home Forums Development Translation

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    gorgel
    Participant

Hi, I am Italian and if you need a translation in my language please contact me, I will be happy to help you.
    In past I translated the 0.76 of MplayerCE with a friend, you can find it on the site in my profile.

Thanks for your work! 😛

Zer0_byt3
    Participant

Hi Tantric, I write you cause I normally work with the configurations files for making the non official spanish translation (v0.76 and v0.77) for the people of http://www.elotrolado.net, but with the WIIMC I didn’t find any *.conf or *.xml file who has the menu xml tags.

Is it supposed that you have to work with the source for make change for the different translation? Could help me with that?

Thank you in advance.

rodries
    Keymaster

You will need to make a es.lang file and I will include it with the next release. The file must include entries for all language strings, and the translation. For example:

msgid “An update is available!”
    msgstr “¡Actualización disponible!”

A full example file (for Snes9x GX) is here: http://code.google.com/p/snes9x-gx/source/browse/trunk/source/lang/es.lang. Someone (or you) will need to collect all of these from the source code and make a comprehensive list. These strings are mostly in menu.cpp but also in any source file that calls the InfoPrompt, ErrorPrompt, or ShowAction functions.

gorgel
    Participant

Hi Tantric, Ithink that you want something like this:

msgid “General Settings”
    msgstr “Impostazioni Generali”

msgid “Auto-resume”
    msgstr “Auto-resume”

msgid “Play order”
    msgstr “Ordine di Visualizzazione/Ascolto”

msgid “Hide filename extensions”
    msgstr “Nascondi Le Estenzioni Dei Files”

Is it right?

P.S.: Your first release is a very good job! Thanks!

rodries
    Keymaster

Yes that’s right! Once someone does this in one language, other translators can use it as a template for their language.

Zer0_byt3
    Participant

@Tantric wrote:

Yes that’s right! Once someone does this in one language, other translators can use it as a template for their language.

So, at the moment, you can not give us an English Tags List for being translated, can you?
    Have I get the English Tags directly from the wiimc?

PD: I create a legal channel for wiimc and a forwarder.dol that works properly (wiimcforwarder.dol, wiimc.wad)

Thanks for answer.

Great job.

rodries
    Keymaster

That’s right, I don’t want to make the list myself. Haven’t I done enough? 😯

Zer0_byt3
    Participant

@Tantric wrote:

That’s right, I don’t want to make the list myself. Haven’t I done enough? 😯

Of course not :D, I’ve left you in the next link my small part of work:

The main work is there, the rest are error message that I could not test, yet.

Thanks again for your great job, of course thanks to rodries, too.

valantin
    Participant

hey Tantric Verrry good Work but my friend haves a black wii when commes the support for NTFS USB ??

axgarr
    Participant

OK here is my italian translation, I’ve added some comment in the code:

Zer0_byt3
    Participant

@pista wrote:

OK here is my italian translation, I’ve added some comment in the code:

Great translation, yours are more complete than mine. Where or how are you find the complete list of errors, Do you get it from the source?

You have tags which I can’t find, for example, with “Single Play” I only find “Single” or with “Continuous Play” only “Continuous”, it seems to be a error for copy from the source code, isn’t it? . Could you check that for me, please?

If Tantric say OK to your translation, I will use your translation for completing the Spanish one.

Thanks in advance.

axgarr
    Participant

@krokus wrote:

You have tags which I can’t find, for example, with “Single Play” I only find “Single” or with “Continuous Play” only “Continuous”, it seems to be a error for copy from the source code, isn’t it? . Could you check that for me, please?

This translation is based from old R91 but some of this tags for example “Single Play” are for tooltips (menu.cpp line 4645)
    In near future i update translation for actual release…

cmb
    Participant

When we get a stable version i’ll be happy to translate it to slovenian 😀

fishears
    Participant

Guys I can’t post my translation, it gives me an error when I use the code syntax.

General Error
    SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Incorrect string value: ‘xC5xA3iona…’ for column ‘post_text’ at row 1 [1366]

An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator if this problem persists.

I posted my translation on a copy paste service. I dind’t use the Romanian characters, because I wasn’t sure, if the coding supports it. If you want me to include the special characters, just tell me.

rodries
    Keymaster

@skoopman wrote:

I posted my translation on a copy paste service. I dind’t use the Romanian characters, because I wasn’t sure, if the coding supports it. If you want me to include the special characters, just tell me.

Please repaste somewhere with the special characters. If you can just upload the file itself (to mediafire for example) that’s preferable. Someone needs to cleanup these translation files, they’re not quite right.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Lost Password