Unable to install Channel 1.5

Home Forums Help and Support Unable to install Channel 1.5

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    jamied486
    Participant

I too had problems, but only because step 8:

– 8. Extract the boot.elf file from the Hackmii Installer zip to a new folder on your SD Card. ex: SD:HBC

said to put the boot.elf in a folder off the root of the SD card.

Moving that folder to /apps allowed me to run it from within HBC. I already had HBC running 1.8 with IOS38. It’s now running IOS58 as required, and all is well for me (I don’t use USB, so I’m not sure about that).

Thanks for the instructions, it made the whole thing much easier.

ezwiimc

tempneff
    Participant

Hello all this is my first post here.
    I notice a lot of what appears to be sound advice. However the main problem is that it appears the channel installer is trying to install using IOS 58. Everything works on my system, and I do mean everything. There is no need to change things if You can use a wad and your a system works already. I need a wad file not some installer. Where can I get it and why has WiiMC not made it available out side of said installer? I wrote / created a bunch of my own channels, both forwarder, and inclusive. I just want to use the nice looking stock channel installed by the installer, and I will not be able to due to custom configuration with out a wad. PLEASE RELEASE THE WAD.

Thanks to the programmers for making a great piece of software and keep up the good work.
    I know how much work it is as I have written my own window manager.

dagger2b
    Participant

Hi gtfunding,

I am not sure if you are aware of this but the stock forwarder runs under IOS58. So you will still need 58 installed to use the stock forwarder even if you install it as a wad. The app also wants to use IOS58 for USB 2.0 support. I am not sure what happens if 58 is not installed when the app is run. I think that it falls back to using another IOS but then you do not get USB 2.0 support. IOS58 is a stock IOS provided by Nintendo. So I can not imagine that installing IOS58 on your customized system would cause you any problems. If you think it will then can please explain what problems you will have if you install 58?

tommytom
    Participant

I had this problem too… but with 1.6. Running hbc on ios58. I decided to install a new ios58 with dop-mii but I ran into a few errors. I was able to get it working by running dop-mii with load-mii and then ran the installer with hbc again and everything works fine now. 😀

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • The forum ‘Help and Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Login

Lost Password