USB Problems? Read This!

Home Forums Help and Support USB Problems? Read This!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 251 total)
  • Author
    jan
    Participant

Hej guys! I have problems with my HDD, too! I have a Western Digital My Passport Essential 250GB (2nd “Drive” disabled) and the WiiMC doesn´t mount it! My HBC is running on IOS 58 (IOS 58 is also installed 😉 ) and i m NOT starting WiiMC with the Channel. Only via HBC from SD. Here are the results from the Test (It failed at the Wake Up Test). Thanks for ur help!

PS: The HDD is working with everything else (Like the Configurable USB Loader)!
    PS2: And it is FAT32 by the way… :mrgreen:

Shnazzyone
    Participant

System: Wii 3.2e German
    Homebrewchannel: 1.0.8
    IOS58 is installed – IOS58 (rev 6175): No Patches
    IOS249[57]-v17 – IOS249 (rev 17): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Zugriff, USB 2.0

sysCheck v2.0.1 von Double_A …runs on IOS58 (rev 6175).
    Region: PAL
    Systemmenue 3.2E (v290)
    Hollywood v0x11
    Boot2 v2
    BC v2
    MIOS v5

Harddrive:
    Seagate 500GB FreeAgent Go Media
    2,5 Zoll
    PN: 9TA2AH-500

2 Partitions :

First: 68GB NTFS (Videos and so on)
    Second: 432GB WBFS

Status with all WiiMC Versions (tested up to 1.1.1): works (only little re-wake-up problem if video is too long paused. Then WiiMC tells that file cannot be found. click on cancel > HardDrive will be found again after some seconds.)

Anonymous
    Inactive

Here is the log of a WD My Passport Essential 2.5″ 500GB. WiiMC 1.1.1 mounts it most ot the time but playback fails after few minutes (see http://www.wiimc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=886#p3743). The log is similar to the one of the LeahCim post, with an error in the wake-up test.

System: Wii 4.2e, IOS58 (forwarder/HBC 1.0.8)
    HDD: Western Digital My Passport Essential 2.5″ 500GB, 465GB NTFS partition + 615MB Factory UDF partition (the second one is hidden in wiimc)

jan
    Participant

@clava wrote:

Here is the log of a WD My Passport Essential 2.5″ 500GB. WiiMC 1.1.1 mounts it most ot the time but playback fails after few minutes (see http://www.wiimc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=886#p3743). The log is similar to the one of the LeahCim post, with an error in the wake-up test.

HDD: Western Digital My Passport Essential 2.5″ 500GB, 465GB NTFS partition + 615MB Factory UDF partition (the second one is hidden in wiimc)

Did u try to disalbe the second (UDF) Partition with the tool from Western Digital? The thing i don t understand is, that the HDD is working with everything else…even the MPlayer CE and AgentX Mod…isn t the WiiMC based on the MPlayer? And the Wake Up can t be the problem!? Cause when i plug it in the player should mount it, shouldn t it?

anarchy9t4
    Participant

Mine is a Samsung S2 portable, white one. Worked fine in 1.0.6 and for some time in 1.1.0 and 1.1.1, but now just works in 1.0.6, i don’t know why.

NERVNGE29
    Participant

Hi, here’s my test results:

[attachment=0:2dpz0k3s]log_usb.rar[/attachment:2dpz0k3s]

My drive is:
    Western Digital My Passport Essential 500 GB formatted to FAT32
    Product Number: WDBAAA5000ABK-00
    Firmware: v2.018

It seems that the last test failed, even when I disabled the auto sleep function on the WDSmartWare software.
    Hope it helps. Thanks for the hard work!

NeoWii
    Participant

Hi,

USB Test v1.8 results : USB2 device test method: 0 failed !

HDD is an old Toshiba mk1214gap in a NONAME external USB2 box.
    It has an unique FAT32 primary partition.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@LeahCim wrote:

Did u try to disalbe the second (UDF) Partition with the tool from Western Digital?

No, I kept both partitions.

@LeahCim wrote:

The thing i don t understand is, that the HDD is working with everything else…even the MPlayer CE and AgentX Mod…isn t the WiiMC based on the MPlayer? And the Wake Up can t be the problem!? Cause when i plug it in the player should mount it, shouldn t it?

My experience is that the Passport disk works if not too “stressed”. For instance, it worked better with ios61 (slower ubs 1.1) with respect to ios58 (faster usb 2.0). With ios58 the failure rate has increased. Moreover writing data (e.g. with wiixplorer) almost always fails. About other apps, I have similar problems with mplayer-ce. Usb loaders work quite well, but take into account that the data rate is much lower than that of a movie, and sometime the disk freeze for few seconds.
    Now I’m using a 500GB Maxtor NTFS disk with external power and it work fine with all apps.

rodries
    Keymaster

Perhaps the disc is underpowered since it’s drawing from the USB port rather than an external supply. I myself have one of these but I haven’t tried playing a movie with it.

mrkazador
    Participant

Currently useing LACIE Minimus 1TB USB with ext power supply, tried the test (attached) but not looking good faild all :S[attachment=0:3bf8j2rn]log_usb.rar[/attachment:3bf8j2rn]

jan
    Participant

@clava wrote:

@LeahCim wrote:

The thing i don t understand is, that the HDD is working with everything else…even the MPlayer CE and AgentX Mod…isn t the WiiMC based on the MPlayer? And the Wake Up can t be the problem!? Cause when i plug it in the player should mount it, shouldn t it?

My experience is that the Passport disk works if not too “stressed”. For instance, it worked better with ios61 (slower ubs 1.1) with respect to ios58 (faster usb 2.0). With ios58 the failure rate has increased. Moreover writing data (e.g. with wiixplorer) almost always fails. About other apps, I have similar problems with mplayer-ce. Usb loaders work quite well, but take into account that the data rate is much lower than that of a movie, and sometime the disk freeze for few seconds.
    Now I’m using a 500GB Maxtor NTFS disk with external power and it work fine with all apps.

I have no problems! When i use the mplayer agentx or the ce it works well! And i m only playing videos > 1,5 GB…so the USB 2.0 should work good. And don t forget, that the WD Passport are made for working without an external power supply…

icoppebancibe
    Participant

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggghhhh

dede1618
    Participant

My drive doesn’t work not in NTFS nor in FAT32 format.

Matoking
    Participant

@Rodries, all looks good with that version you linked me. It picks up my fat partition as well as my ext3 and ext4 partitions.

aka107
    Participant

@clava wrote:

New test, with wake up test fixed and a new method added.
    Please test it.

http://www.wiimc.org/files/USB%20Test%201.9.zip

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 251 total)
  • The forum ‘Help and Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Login

Lost Password