USB Problems? Read This!

Home Forums Help and Support USB Problems? Read This!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 251 total)
  • Author
    saerox
    Participant

I have got one hard disk 320 gb 2.5″.
    It’s in NTFS format. When I view it in wiimc I see only strange characters…why?

Snackwell68
    Participant

HEllo wiimc staff, firts congrats for your awesome Wiimc aplcation for Wii your are a masters , I wrote from Guayaquil-Ecuador south -america so please apologize my english and my possible mistakes.

1.- escenario (I use this at the moment)
    HBC 1.0.8 over ios61 all the home brew works great (wiimc,mplayer,snes-nes-emu) very estable, the usb loaders detect my usb storage device, also i have ios58 installed offline via nus+wad manager 17

In this escenario my only complaint and sugestion are:
    sugestions:
    1.-can wiimc display the id3tag”cover” inside mp3ยดs files if they are present??? that will be very cool
    2.-its possible taht Wiimc can show while its playing an mp3 file something like a vumeter or a spectrum analizer basic option?? taht will be cool too :).

complaint
    I cant not run Wiimc without an SD card inserted, and i am run wiimc from USB fat32 drive via HCB, when a try this an error messages apperar saying “therr inst a sd card inside valid or something like that” can this be fixed???

what happend if i try to install the wiimc channel if my hbc is running on ios 61???

I would like to run wiimc from its channel without SD card inserted from my usb HDD but iam affraid to runs isntaller if my hbc is under ios 61, can i try this???

2.-escenario
    if hbc is reisntalled over ios 58 everything home brew goes wrong DSI expetion appears using wiimc, mplayer, snes9xgx,fceu gx, in a ramdom way and times.

I have to unistall ios 58, then resitall hbc with bootme, then hbc runs over ios 61 fine, and then i have to resintall ios 58 last to be an wii ios updated. I have no idea why with ios 58 the hbc get fail

PD
    i have a wii 2008 year with dvd driver that can read DVD video disc, is chipmodded, and i have running a 4.1U system menu updated offline via Pimp my wii in a safe way updated ioses, cios202/222/223/224 v5, cios 249/250 r21 waninkoko.

MrBreaker
    Participant

Didn’t think I needed to open yet another thread. Thing is, I have Priiloader and was using it to boot to WiiFlow. From WiiFlow I went to WiiMC 1.8 Channel and everything worked beautifully then. Now I have Priiloader booting straight to HBC, and when I open WiiMC (1.1.8) it doesn’t recognize my HDD. The weirdest thing is that it does recognize it if I go back to HBC and then load WiiMC a second time.

Thoughts?

chancet
    Participant

Hello

Been having problems with Wiimc freezing after a while playing movies off my usb HDD
    I am running system menu ver 4.1e, HBC 1.0.8 with IOS 58 v24.32 and have a WD external powered Elements 1TB hdd
    I am using wiimc 1.1.8 installed of the homebrew browser
    Wiimc will freeze or goes real laggy then have error message cannot find usb hdd or freezes completely

Really like wiimc and will use it even if I do have to reset the wii once or twice during a movie.
    When I use Mplayer ce I have no problems playing movies

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Rich

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi,

every time I wanna start a video with low detail I only can listen a “robot-sound” all the time. The video is OK, but the sound not. I’ve tested my SD-Card too and tried to start the film with that, but then I’ve got the same problem ๐Ÿ™ Maybe you guys can help me, cause in those days everything was OK, but since the 1.1.8 Update I can only watch videos via Youtube -.-

Here’s a test…

JCS
    Participant

Hi,

this is a very great app. Good job!! ๐Ÿ˜€

But I have one problem:
    My Samsung 2,5″ S2 usb drive go when I see movies sometimes in sleepmode and than an error message appears, that WIIMC can not read from source. Sometimes if I click on “try again” my USB HDD appears in the list, but sometimes WIIMC shows me only the SD Card. So if that appears I’ve to restart the Wii and all works fine after that.

This Problem also appears if I create a Playlist to hear music and watch some Pictures from the HDD in a diashow.
    After 1 or 2 Songs the WIIMC freezes and I have to restart the WII.

I attached the USB-Log.txt
    Error: Device wake up fail!!

It would be great if my HDD do not get in to sleeeping mode.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Greets
    Spawny

nikola
    Participant

I have the same problem with my 2,5″ WD Scorpio Blue 500GB into a Transcend StoreJet case.
    The drive never wakes up when it goes into stand by. I have to power off the Wii to make it work again once WiiMC tells me it encountered an error.
    I stopped the wake-up test after 15mn.
    Great app by the way ๐Ÿ˜‰

cheatfreak47
    Participant

Hi, I’m actually new in this forum.

I have a very annoying problem with my HDD Western Digital My Book Essential 1TB. Every time I connect my HDD to my Wii, the USB Loader GX and my Homebrew channel (booting from the HDD) never work on the first try. To get my USB Loader GX working, I always have to load my Homebrew channel twice. I hope someone could help me with this.

rodries
    Keymaster

This site isn’t for help with USB Loader GX.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Here’s a little update: I’ve tried other films and don’t have the issue! My friend can’t also watch the film with his wii…

puding
    Participant

by deleon460 ยป Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:12 am
    My hard drive passed all the test, but my problem with my hard drive a seagate freeagent goflex portable 1tb is that when i start to see a movie sometimes is stop and gives me a error that it can’t find my hard drive and i have to unplug to be able to play again

I had the exact same problem as deleon. My new Seagate Freeagent Goflex Portable 1TB kept giving me error after several minutes into the video playing.

Is there anything i can provide to help debugging this issue. Thanks!!

dagert
    Participant

Hi I have a NTFS 2.5tb external hard drive western digital. Configurable usb loader recognizes it, geexbox doesnt, and WiiMC crashes as soon as I load it. I tried running the usb test but it crashed too. It didnt create a log either.

puding
    Participant

I had the exact same problem as deleon. My new Seagate Freeagent Goflex Portable 1TB kept giving me error after several minutes into the video playing.

Think i found a workaround from another forum. The new Goflex has a power saving sleep mode after 3 minutes. Not sure why, but apparently WiiMC unable to get the drive stop going into sleep mode or simply incompatible with the power saving mode.

Fortunately, the sleep mode can be disabled via Seagate Dashboard. The installer came along with the harddisk.

Anonymous
    Inactive

by deleon460 ยป Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:12 am
    My hard drive passed all the test, but my problem with my hard drive a seagate freeagent goflex portable 1tb is that when i start to see a movie sometimes is stop and gives me a error that it can’t find my hard drive and i have to unplug to be able to play again

Is there anything i can provide to help debugging this issue. Thanks!!

antz81

I have a similar problem. I am using wiimc 1.1.9 have the seagate 1tb drive. problem is wiimc does not recognize all the time or takes a long time. If I unplug my hd and plug back in it will recognize. Also, when i play some movies, playback is choppy. Any suggestions?? Could it have anything to do with the sd card? It is class 2?

rodries
    Keymaster

Well the first thing to do is make sure HBC is reporting that it’s using IOS58. If it’s not, fix that and try again.

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 251 total)
  • The forum ‘Help and Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Login

Lost Password