Expanded Windows Compile Guide

Home Forums Development Expanded Windows Compile Guide

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 216 total)
  • Author
    jtc1967
    Participant

I review every steps, but in the begining I get this

cadbusca
    Participant

Try following the instructions a written:

PATH=$DEVKITPPC/bin:$PATH
    cd /c/wiimc/libs/fribidi/
    ./configure –host=powerpc-eabi –prefix=”${DEVKITPRO}/portlibs/ppc” –libdir=”${DEVKITPRO}/portlibs/ppc/lib” –disable-shared

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi, I just compiled r824 without errors.
    However I did not touch the directory libs/libprojectM
    What is this for and should we do .configure, make, make install in it? 🙂 Thanks!

rodries
    Keymaster

That is an unfinished (possibly never to be finished?) port of projectM. It’s not used. Congrats on compiling successfully!

cadbusca
    Participant

Note the post http://www.wiimc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1042&start=20#p5088 indicating problems compiling after SVN844.

phenom
    Participant

i need a bit of help at step 4. the bit when u enter the codes in msys, do i press enter at the end of each line or do i just continue untill .configure and then press enter?

for example, do i do it like this:
    $ PATH=$DEVKITPPC/bin:$PATH cd /c/wiimc/libs/fribidi/./configure (THEN ENTER?)

or like this?
    $ PATH=$DEVKITPPC/bin:$PATH (PRESS ENTER)

OWNER@(MY NAME)-(random code)
    $ cd /c/wiimc/libs/fribidi/

i dont want to mess up anything or do anything wrong, can u help me?

EDIT: ok i know how to do it now, but when i typed this:

cd ..
    cd libiconv/
    ./configure –host=powerpc-eabi –prefix=”${DEVKITPRO}/portlibs/ppc” –libdir=”${DEVKITPRO}/portlibs/ppc/lib” –disable-shared

usually theres texts rolling down after u press enter, but it was just an arrow > so i just carried on.
    i typed everything right. so is it supposed to be like this?

cadbusca
    Participant

After you enter each command you will see the commands output followed by a prompt character ready for the next command. The compile command may output a lot before it ends. I don’t know what you mean by an >
    You can copy the msys output by clicking the top left icon and choosing edit. Then mark the text and press enter and paste the copied text into your next message to show the problem lines.

phenom
    Participant

@jhb50 wrote:

After you enter each command you will see the commands output followed by a prompt character ready for the next command. The compile command may output a lot before it ends. I don’t know what you mean by an >
    You can copy the msys output by clicking the top left icon and choosing edit. Then mark the text and press enter and paste the copied text into your next message to show the problem lines.

i get this error at the end after i did “make clean” then “make”

/c/devkitPro/devkitPPC/bin/powerpc-eabi-gcc -MD -MP -O4 -pipe -ffast-math -fom
    it-frame-pointer -std=gnu99 -O4 -pipe -ffast-math -fomit-frame-pointer -D_FIL
    E_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -I/c/devkitPro/portlibs/ppc/include -I/c/de
    vkitPro/libogc/include -Ilibdvdread4 -Ilibdvdnav -I/c/devkitPro/portlibs/ppc/inc
    lude/freetype2 -I/c/devkitPro/libogc/include/ogc/machine -I/c/devkitPro/devkitPP
    C/../buildscripts/powerpc-eabi/gcc/gcc/include -I. -Iffmpeg -mpaired -DGEKKO -mr
    vl -mcpu=750 -mtune=750 -meabi -mhard-float -mdouble-float -c -o stream/stream.o
    stream/stream.c
    stream/stream.c:30:21: fatal error: strings.h: No such file or directory
    compilation terminated.
    make[1]: *** [stream/stream.o] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/c/wiimc/source/mplayer’
    filebrowser.cpp
    fileop.cpp
    c:/wiimc/source/fileop.cpp:18:18: fatal error: ntfs.h: No such file or directory

compilation terminated.
    make[1]: *** [fileop.o] Error 1
    make: *** [build] Error 2

i did everything right, so what gives?

cadbusca
    Participant

No, you did not follow the instructions that were sent to you. Read them again.

phenom
    Participant

@jhb50 wrote:

No, you did not follow the instructions that were sent to you. Read them again.

but i did read the effin instrunctions, how about telling me where i went wrong instead of insulting my intelligence?
    -i download all the things u told me to download
    -svn checkout with “http://wiimc.googlecode.com/svn/trunk"
    -all the directories u told me to make

i did exactly wat u told me in the instrunctions so exuse me if im not as smart as you are and pardon me if i made a mistake.
    and besides itll probably take ten seconds for you so y dont u do it and send us the download link? why not?

cadbusca
    Participant

Strike 3!

phenom
    Participant

@jhb50 wrote:

Strike 3!

what am i doing wrong? .ive read the instrunctions a milions times i did everything

cadbusca
    Participant

Note Effective from SVN762 additional libraries must be installed as documented in the official compile guide and this user post http://www.wiimc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1042&start=10#p4611. This guide will no longer address these additional steps since users of WIIMC+ receive the necessary compiled library additions directly as part of the WIIMC+ distribution.

Clear to me.

phenom
    Participant

@jhb50 wrote:

Note Effective from SVN762 additional libraries must be installed as documented in the official compile guide and this user post http://www.wiimc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1042&start=10#p4611. This guide will no longer address these additional steps since users of WIIMC+ receive the necessary compiled library additions directly as part of the WIIMC+ distribution.

Clear to me.

but i did that. do i do this before i input all the codes or after? because i did this before i started codes, PATH=$DEVKITPPC/bin:$PATH and the rest of it.
    is that what i did wrong?

cadbusca
    Participant

Either is fine, but you did not do “4. Download and compile libext2fs-wii and libntfs-wii” “as documented in the official compile guide” because you have no ntfs.c and you are trying to compile the latest SVN when the instructions only cover up to SVN843 .

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 216 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Lost Password