Expanded Windows Compile Guide

Home Forums Development Expanded Windows Compile Guide

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 216 total)
  • Author
    stickman
    Participant

jhb50,

I have a problem when playing onlinemedia by turning on the auto playing next video option. When I am trying to stop the playing one video, it will still trying to go to the next one, when I try to stop that, it will go on to the next, it’s annoying. I think the correct logic is when the user chooses to stop playing a video, it won’t AUTOMATICALLY go on to the next, until the user chooses to do so and if the user does not intervene, then it will go on AUTOMATICALLY. Does this sound reasonable? Thanks.

Ed
    Participant

Hi !

I did it ! i did it !

Many Many Many Thanks to jhb50 for your guide which is very useful and totally clear when you follow it step by step 🙂

WiiMC is my favorite apps on the wii (front games !!!) and it’s an honour to see how it’s done behind the curtain 😉

Big Up to all the amazing staff

Mylbee

cadbusca
    Participant

mylbee:

Thanks for confirming the accuracy of the guide and assuring others how easy it is! Stay tuned for Enhancement Pack V coming soon!

cadbusca
    Participant

dynmosaic: please pm me with details of this problem. This is not the thread for EP problems.

cadbusca
    Participant

While there was no official SVN notice, it appears that effective with SVN649, WIIMC compiles require the installation of r22 of DevKitPro. See the official “Compile Instructions”. If you previously installed DevKitPro you need to run “devkitProUpdater-1.5.0.exe” The guide has been updated accordingly.

rdreed
    Participant

😐 Tried for two days straight to get this working… Step 4 is the most confusing specially the “edits” area. I run all the code line by line with no errors and at the end get no dol or elf. First time compiling anything.

Running msys as administrator.
    Windows 7 32-bit

cadbusca
    Participant

First and most important is the SVN level you are trying to compile. As they state the instructions are good up to SVN695 and I have used them up to SVN742 to compile the WIIMC+ Enhancement Pack.

Since the “Checkout” in step 1 would have given you the latest SVN, you will need to revert to SVN 742 by opening C:WIIMC, right click and click “Turtoise SVN” then click “Update to revision…”, and in the Update Box, click “Revision” , enter “742” then click “OK”. I have added this step to the Guide.

Clava has posted what he believes are the changes required to compile subsequent SVN’s http://www.wiimc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1042&start=10#p4611. I have asked the developers to verify them and update the official compile instructions http://www.wiimc.org/compiling-instructions/ which are now out of date, before I attempt to update the guide.

As to the edits, following the instructions for 1,2,3,4 and 7 yields to following and you need to follow edit 5 and 6 to install libogc and mingw. If you just installed in step 2 devkitpro then it will be at the R22 level already so you do not need to run the Updater as in step 8.

PATH=$DEVKITPPC/bin:$PATH
    cd /c/wiimc/libs/fribidi/
    ./configure --host=powerpc-eabi --prefix="${DEVKITPRO}/portlibs/ppc" --libdir="${DEVKITPRO}/portlibs/ppc/lib" --disable-shared
    make
    make install
    cd ..
    cd libiconv/
    ./configure --host=powerpc-eabi --prefix="${DEVKITPRO}/portlibs/ppc" --libdir="${DEVKITPRO}/portlibs/ppc/lib" --disable-shared
    make
    make install
    cd ..
    cd pcre/
    make
    make install
    cd ..
    cd libexif/
    make
    make install
    cd ..
    cd libntfs/
    make
    make install
    cd /c/wiimc/libs/libmpg123
    ./configure --host=powerpc-eabi --prefix="${DEVKITPRO}/portlibs/ppc" --libdir="${DEVKITPRO}/portlibs/ppc/lib" --enable-shared=no --enable-static=yes --with-cpu=ppc_nofpu --with-optimization=3
    cd src/libmpg123
    make install
    cd /c/wiimc
    make
    exit
    coffeemug
    Participant

I’m trying to compile wiimc but at the end I’ve some errors:

“make[1]: *** [/g/programmi/wiimc/wiimc.elf] Error 1
    make: *** [build] Error 2″

I check the directory /wiimc and I see this situation:

All files e directory with green ok, only directory /libs with red exclamation mark
    In the directory /libs only directory /libiconv with red exclamation mark
    In the directory /libiconv the files: config, config.status, libtool and Makefile have red exclamation mark and some directory have too like: lib, libcharset, man, po, src, srclib and tests

I wish that I explanation you my problem.

Thank you for your time, excuse me for my English

cadbusca
    Participant

@well66 wrote:

I’m trying to compile wiimc but at the end I’ve some errors:

“make[1]: *** [/g/programmi/wiimc/wiimc.elf] Error 1
    make: *** [build] Error 2″

Your error should be described above those lines.

coffeemug
    Participant

😳

Sorry, I post here the result of wiimc compile:

Anonymous
    Inactive
    coffeemug
    Participant

Ok, I reinstall MINGW: now I select every icon in the setup.

Now have I to recompile all the library or only wiimc ?

In this case I run MinGW and recompile only wiimc:

I have no knowledge of compile

cadbusca
    Participant

Well lots of people have used the guide without problems, so I can only suggest that you did not follow the instructions correctly. I would suggest you start the process over again and follow the steps exactly. Do not change anything! For example “open your C: directory and create a subdirectory WIIMC.” You decided not to do this and put your WIIMC in a programming subdirectory. I have no idea if it will work there, nor do I know what else you changed.

jtc1967
    Participant

Stuck at Step 4

No idea about compiling
    I start MSys and now … may I have to write down each line of code?

I start doing it, but with some lines I don’t know if there are 2 lines or its a large 1 line

cadbusca
    Participant

Well think about it…why would a line end with a – ?

You could even look arounda bit and see the official compiling instructions referenced in the first line of the guide. http://www.wiimc.org/compiling-instructions/

Alternatively you could click on select all and copy and paste into notepad, then click format and turnoff wordwrap and all will be revealed.

You can copy and paste into Mingw..click the icon in the upper left corner.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 216 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Lost Password