Expanded Windows Compile Guide

Home Forums Development Expanded Windows Compile Guide

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 216 total)
  • Author
    MrSlippery
    Participant

Okay it seems that there were some changes now with your 5 steps that you have mentioned there is this libogc stuff. SInce i was getting some errors like sagewolf mentioned here:
    http://www.wiimc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=489&start=40

Do i have to do the libogc compile and how should i do it? or is there another way around it.

cadbusca
    Participant

OK, since no one has posted the libogc steps, I guess I’ll do it.

WIIMC now requires the use of the latest libogc SVN in place of the previous libogc 1.8.3. Here is how to get and install it in devkitpro.

1. Download the libogc tarball from http://devkitpro.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/devkitpro/trunk/libogc/, which shows the current SVN level at the top of the page, using the “download GNU tarball” link at the bottom of the page or directly using http://devkitpro.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/devkitpro/trunk/libogc/?view=tar

2. Extract the contained devkitpro-libogc.tar directory and copy the libogc directory contained therein to C: which will give you a C:libogc directory.

3. Now using Msys enter the following to compile libogc, and automatically update devkitpro:

cd /c/libogc
    make
    make install

4. Return and compile WIIMC with:

cd /c/wiimc
    make
    cadbusca
    Participant

Effective with SVN549, you also need to recompile C:WIIMClibslibntfs as per the original instructions.
    This will also update libogc in devkitpro with required variables.

cd /c/wiimc/libs/libntfs/
    make
    make install
    MrSlippery
    Participant

Ahh so that was the reason why i had another error at the end 😯 thx for the info i will try to compile at another point but it seems my problem is solved by the new revision of 1.1.0. 🙂 So thx alot for this wonderful update i have to yet test it but i believe in you guys. This is the most awesome thing that the wii has. 8-). And thank you for taking the time and help me jhb50. Unfortunatly i am a little unlucky by these kind of things i have to get into it and as they say the more you try the more you learn.

cadbusca
    Participant

I have compiled succeesfully up to SVN554 but after that I have run into problems. Please post your sucesses with compiling latest SVN’s and any steps you had to take to be successful so I can update the guide.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I successfully compile latest SVN. Shame I have no WiiMC Plus tho 🙁

Guide + I regularly update libogc (have SVN), and had to recompile libntfs.

Before recompiling (when big changes), i always do “make clean”, and then “make”.

lollapalooza
    Participant

i recive an error when i compile liba52.

rm -fr .libs/liba52.la .libs/liba52.* .libs/liba52.*
    ar cru .libs/liba52.a bitstream.o imdct.o bit_allocate.o parse.o downmix.o
    ../libtool: line 4155: ar: command not found
    make[1]: *** [liba52.la] Error 127
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/c/wiimc/libs/liba52/liba52′
    make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

how can i fix it ?!?

Anonymous
    Inactive

@sdw wrote:

i recive an error when i compile liba52.

rm -fr .libs/liba52.la .libs/liba52.* .libs/liba52.*
    ar cru .libs/liba52.a bitstream.o imdct.o bit_allocate.o parse.o downmix.o
    ../libtool: line 4155: ar: command not found
    make[1]: *** [liba52.la] Error 127
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/c/wiimc/libs/liba52/liba52′
    make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

how can i fix it ?!?

Have you even read through the thread?

http://www.wiimc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=489&start=10#p2507

rodries
    Keymaster

Also, in 1.1.0 that lib is no longer required. It may be again some day, but not right now.

Poe6661
    Participant

I was able to compile the 1.1.0 code (SVN576) with the Enhancement Pack III. I also added an enhancement to the music playlist code. I made changes so when you save a playlist, it brings up the on screen keyboard, and asks for a file to save it as. Like-wise when you load a playlist, the on screen keyboard will come up so you can enter a file name to load a playlist. I find this very useful so I can now convert my iTunes playlists to WiiMC format, and can load and play all of them.

WARNING! – there is no safety checks around the save code to avoid overwriting important files. So, be very careful that you don’t specify a filename that already exists that you don’t want to overwrite.

I commented the code with //hhansen if anybody wants to review / remove / improve it.

I have extracted the Enhancement Pack with my changes in a patch. It merges with SVN576 with no conflicts, and compiles fine. The last time I tested this was with SVN565 (I think…) and it runs just fine. However, I have not had time to test it with SVN576 yet, so I can not guarantee that it works. But, at least it compiles! 😀 I will probably not get a chance to test it until tomorrow evening.

If anyone is interested, here is the patch: [attachment=0:23ru5enc]WiiMC 1.1.0 R576 EP III Beta.rar[/attachment:23ru5enc]

cadbusca
    Participant

Two things:

I will be incorporating the above changes to provide an option to specify the playlist files in Enhancement Pack 4 for WIIMC 1.1 which will also fix a numbe of bugs in the previous patch and add some great new features, Thanks to hhansen for this playlist naming feature which I had not figured out how to do. It now seems so simple!

Devkitpro has now upgraded to libogc 1.8.4 as of Oct 3, so its probably a good idea to rerun devkitProUpdater-1.5.0.exe which will bring libogc up to the latest released level. EDIT: This is not enough. See following 2 posts.

rodries
    Keymaster

Unfortunately a significant change was made after the release of libogc 1.8.4, which means that WiiMC cannot be compiled under that release or any prior.

cadbusca
    Participant

Yes, I just found that out so you need to continue to make/make install the latest libogc as documented earlier.

cadbusca
    Participant

I have now released Enhancement Pack IV for 1.1.1 which should be compiled using SVN598 or later and libogc SVN 4421 or later. Currently SVN599 displays an error but the compile completes successfully.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi,

thanks for the latest enhancement pack jhb50! 🙂 I have not tried to use it yet tho because I have another problem. r600 does not compile here. I’m thinking makefile has to be updated? Anyone with similar problems?

make -C ffmpeg/libavcodec
    make[2]: Entering directory `/d/developing/WiiMC/source/mplayer/ffmpeg/libavcodec'
    HOSTCC cbrt_tablegen
    /bin/sh: gcc: command not found
    make[2]: *** [cbrt_tablegen] Error 127
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/d/developing/WiiMC/source/mplayer/ffmpeg/libavcodec'
    make[1]: *** [ffmpeg/libavcodec/libavcodec.a] Error 2
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 216 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Lost Password