Expanded Windows Compile Guide

Home Forums Development Expanded Windows Compile Guide

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 216 total)
  • Author
    rodries
    Keymaster

Install MinGW.

cadbusca
    Participant

Apparently the requirement to install MinGW is new effective with SVN599, since it is not specified in the Development/Compiling Instructions tab, and is not created by the installation of DevKitPro.

It may be downloaded using http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw/files/Automated%20MinGW%20Installer/mingw-get-inst/mingw-get-inst-20100909/mingw-get-inst-20100909.exe/download and then run to install. The first make of WIIMC will then compile it (long & slow) and the wiimc.dol will be created without error.

I have updated the “Expanded Compile” instructions to include a pointer to this post.

Poe6661
    Participant

I had the same compile problem as SilentException, but using MinGW solved that. I have now compiled SVN602 as is, and SVN602 with EP IV. Not sure what the differences are in the compilers, but I am happy! 😀

Anonymous
    Inactive

How did you guys install MinGW? What options? Did you set up the paths in msys later on?

I now get segmentation fault when compiling, that’s why I’m asking…

Edit: Nevermind, I used MinGW as compile environment (instead of devkitPro) and everything went well 😉

Thanks!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Tantric, I’m unable to compile latest revisions (i think it started with r621). I already compiled new library. On ‘make install’ it copied files in wrong directory so at first the error was that it couldnt open .h file. So i moved files from library manually (i think it was 2 files in bin, 1 in include, 2 in lib and man in share).

But I still get an error.. Need to re-check what, but is there anything special I should do? Thanks!

OK, the error is “ld.exe: cannot find -lmpg123” but this lib was configured, make’d and make install’d 🙂 Seems like i should re-configure my dev-env…

Poe6661
    Participant

@SilentException wrote:

Tantric, I’m unable to compile latest revisions (i think it started with r621). I already compiled new library. On ‘make install’ it copied files in wrong directory so at first the error was that it couldnt open .h file. So i moved files from library manually (i think it was 2 files in bin, 1 in include, 2 in lib and man in share).

But I still get an error.. Need to re-check what, but is there anything special I should do? Thanks!

OK, the error is “ld.exe: cannot find -lmpg123” but this lib was configured, make’d and make install’d 🙂 Seems like i should re-configure my dev-env…

Did you follow the mpg123 install hints exactly? I ask because after the ./configure statement, the instructions say to do a ‘make install’ and do not mention doing a make.

I have compiled through SVN637, so I know it compiles post SVN621.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@hhansen wrote:

@SilentException wrote:

Did you follow the mpg123 install hints exactly? I ask because after the ./configure statement, the instructions say to do a ‘make install’ and do not mention doing a make.

I have compiled through SVN637, so I know it compiles post SVN621.

Hi hhansen, thanks for your answer.

Can you explain your dev environment? Do you use devkitpro or mingw?

In my case, if doing ./configure for mpg123 in mingw i got the instructions to do “make” and “make install”. If I do ./configure in devkit then i get error that GCC compiler is missing. It must be something stupid I’m doing wrong, I just can’t see it! 🙁

rodries
    Keymaster
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I read them already before, also tried. But the instructions say “Building on Wii”. So at first I skipped that one.

./configure
    make
    make install
    – didn’t work – got libmpg123 not found

windows-builds.sh
    – produced windows binaries

Seeing nothing works, I then desperately also tried commands from building at wii section but got bunch of “No instruction” errors. I guessed that’s to be expected when I’m not building on Wii 🙂

Poe6661
    Participant

Follow the instructions Tantric pointed to above step by step. Don’t follow the instructions that come up on the screen after doing the ./configure.

Anonymous
    Inactive

OK, let me clear things up. I have been following instructions from start. And now I deleted old wiimc directory and did clean svn get, and restarted:

1. Opened up MinGW msys.
    2. $cd /d/developing/wiimc/libs/libmpg123
    3. $./configure –host=powerpc-eabi –prefix=”${DEVKITPRO}/portlibs/ppc” –libdir=”${DEVKITPRO}/portlibs/ppc/lib” –enable-shared=no –enable-static=yes –with-cpu=ppc_nofpu –with-optimization=3
    4. Completed OK, instructions on screen say “Next type ‘make’ and then ‘make install’. I IGNORED that.
    5. $cd src/libmpg123
    6. $make install
    7. screen is flooded with:

C:DOCUME~1userLOCALS~1Tempcc3ATOs4.s:1102: Error: no such instruction: `mullw %ebx,%ecx,%ebp'
    C:DOCUME~1userLOCALS~1Tempcc3ATOs4.s:1103: Error: no such instruction: `mulhw %edi,%ecx,%ebp'
    make: *** [dct64.lo] Error 1

stickman
    Participant

I have a different problem while compiling rev642.
    It failed to compile libavcodec.a, however, was somehow able to create the wiimc.elf and wiimc.dol. If I did not inspect the log carefully, I might not be able to catch this.

Anyone else has the same problem? I haven’t compiled after rev595, so I was not sure when this problem started.

make[1]: Entering directory `/a/Downloads/wii/Development/wiimc/source/mplayer'
    make -C ffmpeg/libavcodec
    make[2]: Entering directory `/a/Downloads/wii/Development/wiimc/source/mplayer/
    fmpeg/libavcodec'
    HOSTCC cbrt_tablegen
    /bin/sh: gcc: command not found
    make[2]: *** [cbrt_tablegen] Error 127
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/a/Downloads/wii/Development/wiimc/source/mplayer/f
    mpeg/libavcodec'
    make[1]: *** [ffmpeg/libavcodec/libavcodec.a] Error 2
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/a/Downloads/wii/Development/wiimc/source/mplayer'
    filebrowser.cpp
    linking ... wiimc.elf
    output ... wiimc.dol
    cadbusca
    Participant

Dynmosaic: Read the earlier posts. Problem reported and solved.

stickman
    Participant

@jhb50 wrote:

Read the earlier posts. Problem reported and solved.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Sorry I missed the the post on libavcodec.a problem. I am now installing MinGW, it sure is trying to install tons of stuff, I selected, c++/MSyS along with default, hope I am on the right path…

Will report back if not successful.

cadbusca
    Participant

Effective with SVN627, libmpg123 is included with the SVN update but must be compiled in order to add libmpg123.a and libmpg123.la to C:devkitProportlibsppclib and mpg123.h to C:devkitProportlibsppcincludempg123.h

To compile execute the following:

cd /c/wiimc/libs/libmpg123
    ./configure --host=powerpc-eabi --prefix="${DEVKITPRO}/portlibs/ppc" --libdir="${DEVKITPRO}/portlibs/ppc/lib" --enable-shared=no --enable-static=yes --with-cpu=ppc_nofpu --with-optimization=3
    cd src/libmpg123
    make install

Note that this is a long running process with lots of messages and “make install” will appear to repeat much of the “./configure” output.

The original compile instructions have been amended to add these instructions.
    On successful completion you will see the message
    “Libraries have been installed in: /c/devkitPro/portlibs/ppc/lib”

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 216 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Lost Password