Here’s how to play your HD files with WiiMC

Home Forums Help and Support Here’s how to play your HD files with WiiMC

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    malayka
    Participant

Lol then i had installed ffmpeg correctly, so problem there. But i found some mistakes in the location lines to mediainf oand ffmpeg, but still…vlc won’t run when i send a video to streamvideo.bat, vlc.exe is located correctly in the commandline. Meanwhile i’ll try to start from a blank sheet and recreate streamvideo.bat.

Oh also it was not the streamvideo.bat window that closes, it was ffmpeg’s so forget about that.

cadbusca
    Participant

Madis: I don’t know how to help you. It’s real simple. Install the streamvideo.bat in c:bat. Add a shortcut to it to sendto. Download the exact files I identified and install them in C:Programs as used by streamvideo.bat. Then send any video to streambat and it will stream. I just did that over again and it works fine.

If you have problems you need to get the bat output with @echo on to see what parts don’t work. Does VLC open on the pc? Does the time counter run? Can you also open a VLC client on your PC and get the stream there? You need to do each of these and give me the answers before I can help.

malayka
    Participant

Ok i found out what was wrong…i had included some extra lines which messed the bat up, now it’s working like a charm, thanks anyways.

cadbusca
    Participant

AAArrrggggg!! 🙂 Glad its finally working.

malayka
    Participant

Hi again,

I wanted to know if there’s a way to make the video less choppy/laggy, and i’m also getting buffering delays…which is annoying, i already tried lowering video bitrate but it seems not working, isn’t wifi connection just good enaugh?

cadbusca
    Participant

I have dropped the videobitrates in the 3 VLC commands in the bat to 4000 which should match DVD quality. You could drop it further to see if it makes a difference. My wireless connection varies with distance from the router but it should be fine at the full 54mbps, unless you are doing P2P stuff at the same time.

zany130
    Participant

For who want control vlc through wiimc, this can be usefull
    http://www.wiimc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=562

oden
    Participant

I think that I knew what the problem is.
    This streamvideo bat can’t run with Non-installed VLC on Win7(x64).
    I try using a installed VLC and that bat works fine now.

cadbusca
    Participant

dixes, I do not understand your note. Obviously if you want to stream with VLC it has to be installed. Your earlier posts said you could play files with VLC and you asked what version to install, so I assume you already had it installed.

oden
    Participant

I didn’t say I’ve installed VLC, but I asked “Can I use VLC without Installed version?”. Obviously I can’t.
    What are the differences between Non-installed VLC(just extracted from a 7z) and installed VLC?

cadbusca
    Participant

Beats me..I only use the installer.exe. You obviously have done the same at some point. “I’ve tried this bat on WinXP(x86) before I upgraded OS, and it worked fine.” Anyway the bat looks for VLC in the location shown in the bat. You can put it there anyway you want or you can change the bat to point at where you have VLC, but either way the bat will obviously fail if it cannot find VLC. This is basic Windows stuff.

cadbusca
    Participant

A simple solution to avoiding the dump if you attempt to play HD files directly in WIIMC may be found at http://www.wiimc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=571

Sliffeple
    Participant

i managed to get everything working well with this stream (changed file paths to my copy of vlc, ffmpeg, etc, and lowered the bitrate slightly because it had to buffer midshow a time or two), but after about five minutes of video play, the stream will freeze up and wiimc will return to its menu.

on the computer, the stream appears to continue to play

does anyone have any idea how i might fix this?

when echo is on, i get “The system cannot find the path specified.” after checking if VLC is running. i don’t see how this would affect anything related to the stream.

i don’t see anything else wrong with it, but i can screenshot the cmd window if wanted.

cadbusca
    Participant

What path couldn’t it find? If the stream played to start but then failed only on the WII it is a WIIMC problem and not anything to do with this VLC streaming solution.

Sliffeple
    Participant

@jhb50 wrote:

What path couldn’t it find?

i believe i get it right after “VLC is running.”

i can check for sure if you want me to, but i don’t see how it’s a big deal

If the stream played to start but then failed only on the WII it is a WIIMC problem and not anything to do with this VLC streaming solution.

i was afraid of that 😐 thanks, anyway

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 57 total)
  • The forum ‘Help and Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Login

Lost Password