Here’s how to play your HD files with WiiMC

Home Forums Help and Support Here’s how to play your HD files with WiiMC

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    oden
    Participant

Can VLC transcode video files with 1.25x or 1.5x playing speed?
    Because the time of some TV shows or movies is too long, I hope that I can spend less time.

cadbusca
    Participant

I don’t believe so, I am not aware of any option to do that.

oden
    Participant

A question about VLC broadcasts DTV stream. How do I add a deinterlace filter in VLC to below script? Thanks!

“C:Program Files (x86)VideoLANVLCvlc.exe” –ts-es-id-pid –programs=”201,202,203″ dvb-t://frequency=545000000 –dvb-bandwidth=6 –sout-standard-access=http –ttl=10 –sout-standard-mux=ts :sout=”#duplicate{dst=std{dst=:2221},select=program=201,dst=std{dst=:2222},select=program=202,dst=std{dst=:2223},select=program=203}”

cadbusca
    Participant

Beats me. This has nothing to do with WIIMC.

oden
    Participant

Because there is no deinterlace filter in current version of WiiMC, I want VLC deinterlacing DTV stream(MPEG2 with interlaced frame) before broadcasting to http then I can watch DTV with WiiMC on Wii comfortably.

cadbusca
    Participant

Interesting. Does that command currently stream to the WII but interlaced?
    VLC commands are described here: http://wiki.videolan.org/VLC_command-line_help
    Looks like transcoding does the deinterlace. –sout-transcode-deinterlace

oden
    Participant

Yes, it does. Thank you for providing that VLC command-line help and I’ll try it.

Edit: I’ve tried adding this command “–sout-transcode-deinterlace”, and the DTV broadcasting can’t work anymore. I think if video stream is without transcoding, then derinterlace command won’t work.

faceleg
    Participant

Where can I find the “StreamVideo.bat” file?

I grabbed both of those links and can’t find anything.

cadbusca
    Participant

above

neph
    Participant

I for some reason am having trouble getting WiiMC, and many other homebrew apps for that matter, to see my external USB hard drive. It’s formatted as FAT32 and plugged into the port closest to the edge of the wii, also I can view it in configurable usb loader, and file explorer. Every other application does not see it at all though.

Any ideas what I’m doing wrong? I think it may be related to what CIOS’s I have or do not have installed. The whole cios thing completely eludes me. Can anyone direct me to a good website explaining what should be installed and how to use them? My searches have all come up nill unfortunately :(.

At any rate, thanks in advance for your help. Also, thanks for WiiMC, it’s an amazing application! I use it easily more than any other function of my Wii, including playing games 😛 haha.

cadbusca
    Participant

Wrong thread for this type of question.

neph
    Participant

Oops, I misunderstood HD for “hard drive” haha. Sorry about that!

itsmeallright
    Participant

Hi,

Streaming with the VLC works! Thank you.

But now I have a smal problem. I changed the %1 in the bat to %*, so I can watch more than one video. I also added the sout-keep parameter, to use the stream for all Videos.

While a VLC-Client can play all the videos, WiiMC plays only the first Video and then freeze untill I stop the VLC-Server.
    I can’t go back to the Menue or switch of the Wii.

Have I made a mistake or is it just not supported?

Thanks for your Help so far.

cadbusca
    Participant

I could not get it to work for more than a single stream and “keep” would not keep the connection open. The good news is that this was an initial attempt at using VLC that has been built upon and is now available as “VLC-shares”. It will list the PC files in WIIMC and allow you to start the VLC transcode and stream from the WII. That’s the right solution.

bakeapples
    Participant

Just a quick (not sure if off-topic) question… 🙄 😉
    Does the maximum supported resolution of WiiMC increases (or at least improves picture quality) if we use the Wii Component Video Cable

instead of the normal Wii A/V Cable

and set the TV Resolution to HDTV in the Screen Settings

??? 🙄 😛

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 57 total)
  • The forum ‘Help and Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Login

Lost Password