Update 1.0.5, new channel, new IOS202

Home Forums Help and Support Update 1.0.5, new channel, new IOS202

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Rodolfo izquierdo
    Participant

thanks for your work, but for after versions suggest use more time, i have downgrade 1.04 and downgrade ios 202 and work good, in 1.05 freezes randomly and not recognize usb kingston 4gb

everin
    Participant

😆 Gee you guys would complain your free delivered pizza was hot.
    but seriously this is a great program that’s free and is regularly updated give the guys a go, they will fix it again just wait.
    p.s Thanks to all involved in making improving and fixing this program its simply briliant

deadzoro
    Participant

I seriously don’t know what everybody’s complaining about. Ok, so the update was broken. No big deal- it’s not like we can’t roll back and wait for 1.0.6. Every dev releases a broken update once in a while. Hell, one of the software vendors at my work basically used our office as a closed beta (we’d get “priority” on any fixes/updates, we’d complain about what all was broken in the newest version, they’d fix it, and then roll it out to all their other customers– we were paying them so we could beta test their crap).

Tantric, the program is awesome, and I look forward to 1.0.6. Hell– I’m sticking with 1.0.5, because I dig the on-screen volume control in audio mode, and because my media server crapped out on me anyway this week, so I may as well change my whole set-up. (Looking for a power supply for my USB hub to test my theory and see if it would actually handle both my WBFS and media HDD through port0; if not, no big deal.)

PSXman_uk
    Participant

maybe some valuable inputs here

i have 2 portable harddisk box

1. GL830 chipset, cannot be recognized by IOS202 1.1
    2. INITIO 1608 chipset, pretty good

so it is supposed compatibility of IOS202 1.1 is not so good.

P.S. when I use wired network, IOS202 1.1 cannot initiate network.

do it mean IOS202 1.1 has some problem to access USB port??

hope all the issue can be resolved soon, ‘cuz the unicode for SMB is so attractive.

axgarr
    Participant

I have the same problem:

WiiMC V1.0.5, Channel Forwarder V1.2, and IOS 202 V1.1:
    USB port 1 or 2 don’t recognized, and HBC freeze on loading USB devices (continuous loading with no timeout).

reverted IOS202 V1.0 and in HBC there are no problems, but WiiMC won’t load (integrated IOS version check).

the only method for loading WiiMC 1.0.5 on my wii is from SD.
    To all those who fail to start WiiMC 1.0.5… please wait next version or use SD card!!!

ikefox
    Participant

First I would like to thank Tantric and rodries and all the others that created a super product.

Second I would like to know which version of IOS 202 is in the IOS 202 Installer 1.1 as I recently updated with Hermes cIOS 202-222-223 installer v5.

Last question, is it so that the “now playing” Internet stream is not working?

cemnaccemoHox
    Participant

Didn’t bother with the new IOS and upgraded to 1.0.5
    I haven’t tried running anything on HDD, but everything seems to be working perfectly, love the updates.
    SMB performance seems to be improved, or am I imagining it?

Anyway, thanks a million Tantric, your hard work is much appreciated.

rodries
    Keymaster

@Ginn wrote:

First I would like to thank Tantric and rodries and all the others that created a super product.

Second I would like to know which version of IOS 202 is in the IOS 202 Installer 1.1 as I recently updated with Hermes cIOS 202-222-223 installer v5.

Last question, is it so that the “now playing” Internet stream is not working?

The IOS202 is a customized version (backwards compatible with other apps) with IOS57 as a base.

Now playing is broken for internet streams, already fixed for next release.

Vendetta
    Participant

Hey guys, I somehow got mine to work 😀 ….At 1st when I did the update from 1.0.4 and but didn’t re-install the IOS 202 installer since I had done it already, But turns out 1.0.5 wouldn’t read my Harddrive at all no matter what I do. So I downloaded the 1.0.5 new install and IOS 202 Installer 1.1 got both setup on my wii, So I boot up wiimc again and still nothing 😕

So I gave it another try, and reload Homebrew Channel, and unplug my hard drive for about 8 secs and wait till it lights up, Then I booted up Wiimc and BAM it working with both my partitions inside showing 😀

At 1st I thought 1.0.5 didn’t read HDD anymore,but it working for me only when I start homebrew and unplug for 8 sec and plug in my Hdd oh and Thanks Tantric for helping develop WIImc, use my Wii mostly for that app.

DeadlyRobots
    Participant

looks like my PNY usb pen drives (2gb) do not work as well as my WD 500GB MyBook External USB Drive.

Running new IOS202 which installed on my IOS222, and WiiMC v1.0.5

cor
    Participant

just updated to 1.0.6 and installed all of the other installers as well ,and still no hdd shows up on the second port for me…..i use a WD 1.5tb hdd, formated to ntfs, not sure if this has anything to do with it…….thanks

rodries
    Keymaster

@strict9gs wrote:

just updated to 1.0.6 and installed all of the other installers as well ,and still no hdd shows up on the second port for me…..i use a WD 1.5tb hdd, formated to ntfs, not sure if this has anything to do with it…….thanks

1.0.6 reverted the USB changes, so USB only works on the ONE port.

wii_about_guide
    Participant

Since you reverted the USB code, I’m going to go back to Hermes v5 for IOS202, as your v1.1 breaks some other homebrew apps as has been mentioned elsewhere (i.e. WiiExplorer channel list). However, one thing I’m wondering, does the latest forwarder require IOS202 v1.1 or do I need to downgrade the forwarder in order to use it with the old IOS202? This post says the forwarder v1.2 requires IOS202 v1.1, but I figured I’d check here and get the answer from the definitive source.

scorpie27
    Participant

When I upgraded to 1.0.5 I got things working but not nearly as smoothly as they did in 1.0.4. Was a little bummed but hey, it works and its free! I new you would be working the bugs out and I thought I would wait patiently for a new version. I had no idea I would only have to wait a couple days. Got home today and fired it up and let it auto update to 1.0.6 and voila, all issues fixed! What a great app! Thank you for all your hard work! I will be supporting your efforts financially because this kind of service should not go unappreciated. Thanks again!

Update – Went to the donate tab and was discouraged to see the paypal deal. I don’t do paypal period. Can you email me an address and I’ll send you a check. I’d like to show my thanks.

wii_about_guide
    Participant

@tmhxpumper wrote:

. . . let it auto update to 1.0.6 and wala, all issues fixed!. . .

It’s “voilà”. It’s a French word.
    [/grammar nazi rant]

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • The forum ‘Help and Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Login

Lost Password