Crash dumps since the last update – Sample file included

Home Forums Help and Support Crash dumps since the last update – Sample file included

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 80 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Same thing is happening to me, crashes when I run a standard avi. I tried editing the line in meta.xml, no change, this has been happening with fresh installs on 1.1.8, 1.1.9 and 1.2.0, but when I go back to 1.1.7 everything seems fine. I only use WiiMC for watching avi’s off a 2tb usb drive and don’t use any other features. I also tried it on my nieces Wii and can’t seem to get it to crash, could it be related to ios files I’m using at all. Both Wii’s are 4.2u running the latest homebrew channel and ios58, my nieces Wii is a really old Wii and mines a new black Wii. It seems to work perfect for the 1st time after fresh install and after a couple of times exiting and restarting WiiMC it happens on a regular basis. As with the post above after crashing and restarting WiiMC 3 or 4 times it seems to start working and as long as I don’t exit, continues running different avi’s reliably until I exit WiiMC and restart again. Excellent work guys as I love WiiMC and wouldn’t even think of using anything else. I hope it is a quick fix or that possibly changing an ios may fix it.

Thanks for your time…….

Participant

I have the same problem as described by Timerider.

I boot wiimc from the forwarder channel from SD and whichever video file I play it code dumps. After restarting and repeating this 3 or 4 times, it will eventually play the file.

I’ve removed the no_ios reload line from the meta.xml file but no luck.
    I’ve also tried deleting all Wiimc files from the SD card and doing a fresh install, but the problem isn’t resolved.

any more ideas to solve this?

whiskeycoke
    Participant

For what its worth…
    I’ve been experiencing similar crashes, and I have narrowed it down to the channel loader (the 1.8 available here). WiiMC will crash on load with various video files that it previously played just fine — when WiiMC is loaded via the channel. If I load it via the homebrew channel, no issues whatsoever.

All my videos are exclusively loaded over SMB.

My Wii is v4.2U, with priiloader installed, and ios58 loaded manually.

-darkwind

rodries
    Keymaster

That’s helpful. Perhaps a recompile of the channel will fix the problem.

rodries
    Keymaster

Could you give this new channel a try and let me know if it helps?

http://www.wiimc.org/files/new-channel.zip

beifisorgiste
    Participant

@Tantric wrote:

http://www.wiimc.org/files/new-channel.zip

Works great here, no more dumps when no HDD attached 🙂

beifisorgiste
    Participant

Well its not working anymore..

This aftermon when I installed the new channel, It’s worked fine, play several movies and all good.

Now I went to watch a movie and the crash is back..
    I have tryied:
    -Turn off and on Wii several times
    -Launch via New Channel
    -Launch via HBC
    -HDD plugged
    -HDD unplugged

and none work, the only movie that works was one without subtitle, all others have an external .SRT file.

thx!

victr
    Participant

New User here, signed up for this thread.

I’ve been having the same problem since, I’m thinking the 1.1.9 update. I’ve downgraded to 1.1.8 and I don’t have issues loading files, only an occasional crash when I exit WiiMC via the power button or the home button.

Description,
    When loading WiiMC 1.2 from the channel loader the program crashes upon attempting to load video file, example file “Archer.2009.S03E03.HDTV.XviD-ASAP” available online. The file will eventually load after reloading WiiMC a couple times. I would estimate WiiMC 1.2 crashes about half of the times I try to load a file after loading WiiMC from channel. I have not had any trouble loading the same file since downgrading to WiiMC 1.1.8.

I have WiiMC stored on SD card, video file stored on USB external hard drive, but WiiMC has also crashed when file loaded from SD card. I deleted the no_ios_reload line, the crash continued. I tried the 1.9 channel installer linked on here, and the crash continued.

Though I have only launched from HBC a few times, I’ve never been able to get the crash to occur after lauching from HBC.

this is a link to the crash screen http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/5482/wiimc12crash.gif

the following is my DOP Report – (if that helps)

“DOP-Mii Report”
    “Region”, North America (U)
    “Hollywood Version”, 0x11
    “Wii Unique DeviceID”, XXXXXXXX

IOS Version, FakeSign, ES_Identify, NAND, Flash
    “250 (v65535)”,Enabled,Enabled,Enabled,Disabled
    “249 (v20)”,Enabled,Disabled,Enabled,Disabled
    “223 (v4)”,Enabled,Enabled,Enabled,Disabled
    “222 (v4)”,Enabled,Enabled,Enabled,Disabled
    “70 (v6687)”,Enabled,Disabled,Enabled,Disabled
    “61 (v5405)”,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
    “58 (v6175)”,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
    “57 (v5661)”,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
    “56 (v5662)”,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
    “55 (v5406)”,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
    “53 (v5406)”,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
    “38 (v3867)”,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
    “37 (v3869)”,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
    “36 (v3351)”,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
    “35 (v3349)”,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
    “34 (v3348)”,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
    “33 (v3091)”,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
    “31 (v3349)”,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
    “28 (v1550)”,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
    “22 (v1037)”,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
    “21 (v782)”,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
    “17 (v775)”,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
    “15 (v523)”,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
    “14 (v520)”,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
    “13 (v273)”,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
    “12 (v269)”,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
    “9 (v778)”,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Big fan of WiiMC.
    Please accept 4 euros as a small gesture of my appreciation.

joseph

Drew Buglione
    Participant

Just thought I’d throw in my 2 cents that my crashes just kind of stopped happening for some reason. I think I deleted the line from the XML file and that seems to have helped for me.

I load WiiMC from it’s own icon on the Wii menu menu and all my videos are streamed from a computer over the wireless network.

whiskeycoke
    Participant

@Tantric wrote:

http://www.wiimc.org/files/new-channel.zip/

1st impressions are good. The files that would consistantly crash are no longer doing so. Will give it a few days and report back. 🙂

-darkwind

techtoys
    Participant

Hey, I just want to confirm that I first tried removing the line from meta.xml to no effect. I then tried running WiiMC through the HBC instead of the forwarder channel as darkwind recommended and, though I was sure I remembered it still crashing when I did that before, it seemed to consistently avoid the problem.

So as per your recommendation, I downloaded your new channel installer, replaced the old channel, and have been using that exclusively for several videos the last couple hours – no crashes! So far, I’m thinking you may have solved the problem. My thanks to Tantric (for the solution and for this excellent program)! Will update if the problem returns.

whiskeycoke
    Participant

it’s been a few days with the new channel loader:

Thus far things are much better. I have experienced one consistant crash on a file, which was again solved by loading via HBC instead. The unusual bit is that it’s intermittent, I can turn the Wii off, load it the next day, and things will be fine, all other settings (including remote SMB server) are the same.

The circumstances related to the crash as far as I’ve narrowed it down seem to indicate its more likely to crash/dump (via channel loader) when WiiMC is the first thing loaded when the wii is powered on. If I for example load netflix first, then back to menu, no crash. I have not done enough testing to be 100% certain however.

I still have yet to experience a crash/dump when loaded via HBC. *Maybe* many versions ago long before 1.0…. 🙂

-darkwind

Drew Buglione
    Participant

Well my crashing is back this morning. Trying to play a couple different files and everything is crashing. mkvs and avis both. I can’t get a single file to play.

I tried going in directly from my WiiMC icon on the home page as well as going into the HB channel and launching it from there. Nothing works.

No idea what could have changed as I didn’t do anything and it’s been working fine for the past few weeks…

Also, this is a bit different than the past because I can’t get anything to play at all, even if I try the same video over and over and even if I play videos I’ve played before. I have no explanation as I don’t think WiiMC upgraded lately (did it?) and nothign has changed on my end. 🙁

beifisorgiste
    Participant

@kelemvor wrote:

Well my crashing is back this morning. Trying to play a couple different files and everything is crashing. mkvs and avis both. I can’t get a single file to play.

I tried going in directly from my WiiMC icon on the home page as well as going into the HB channel and launching it from there. Nothing works.

No idea what could have changed as I didn’t do anything and it’s been working fine for the past few weeks…

Also, this is a bit different than the past because I can’t get anything to play at all, even if I try the same video over and over and even if I play videos I’ve played before. I have no explanation as I don’t think WiiMC upgraded lately (did it?) and nothign has changed on my end. 🙁

Same, and no clue..
    Get back to 1.1.7 and all play fine..

narciso
    Participant

To me, this occured only if the update message appeared and was dismissed. Loading movies before the message pops up is OK, after it freezes.
    No message, no problem…

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 80 total)
  • The forum ‘Help and Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Login

Lost Password