Expanded Windows Compile Guide

Home Forums Development Expanded Windows Compile Guide

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 216 total)
  • Author
    stickman
    Participant

@jhb50 wrote:

I’m not sure I understand you. You seem to be making it complicated.

Once the Enhancement Pack is merged it is simple to remove it and revert to the pure SVN. Just Right click on WIIMC/source, select Turtoise SVN then Revert, select all and Ok. If the menu is already empty it means that you are already at the pure SVN copy.

Thanks for the tip. Yeah, I just learned something new for svn about revert. I just used the revert, noticed there are quite a few patched files are still merged with the current svn. So I reverted, did the update to svn661. Did a recompile, now it’s looking in the right directory for the onlinemedia configuration file, ie, AppsWiiMC, as expected.

I will report the mkv problem in the general thread. The same mkv file does not have a problem when played by mplayer ce 0.77 r600.

At any time you can get any SVN version. Just Right click on WIIMC, select Turtoise SVN then Update to Revision…
    and enter the SVN number. If the EP patch was already merged, it will remain merged with the new SVN, although if there are conflicts they will be identified and must be resolved. You may find it easier to first revert, update the SVN and reapply the patch, solving the conflicts as part of the merge process.

I will do an enhancement patch again later with svn599 and do a recompile. should be very easy based on your instruction.

BTW, when do a recompile, I can just simply do under my windows command prompt (no need to invoke the bash at all), since my cygwin was setup properly. No need to use MSys and/or MingW. MSys or MingW is only needed to do the lib make, it’s kind of neat.

Perhaps you already know all that but I thought I would spell it out in case others are unaware of this simplicity.

Not everything. So a big thank you for taking the time to spell everything out, I surely appreciate that.

stickman
    Participant

Now, I have been building using EP 1.1.0 For R599.

There are of course merging conflicts when I tried to update to the most recent versions. Most of them can be using simple merge to resolve the conflict, with the exception of the following:

1. between r606 and r607, in file menu.cpp, between your EP case 8-12 and the new case 8 in r607 inside

static void MenuSettingsGlobal()

, I simply merged the two case 8 as follows and preserved your case 9-12. Do you think it’s reasonable?

case 8:
    WiiSettings.bbuttonok ^= 1;
    WiiSettings.startArea++;
    if(WiiSettings.startArea > MENU_BROWSE_ONLINEMEDIA)
    WiiSettings.startArea = MENU_BROWSE_VIDEOS;
    if(WiiSettings.startArea == MENU_DVD && WiiSettings.dvdDisabled)
    WiiSettings.startArea++;
    break;

I am doing the build on r661 now after the patch. Will report back any findings.

stickman
    Participant

It builds fine and ran fine. However, when go to the settings, case 8 (Start Area) is not working. I will revert back to their change for now.

case 8:
    // WiiSettings.bbuttonok ^= 1;
    WiiSettings.startArea++;
    if(WiiSettings.startArea > MENU_BROWSE_ONLINEMEDIA)
    WiiSettings.startArea = MENU_BROWSE_VIDEOS;
    if(WiiSettings.startArea == MENU_DVD && WiiSettings.dvdDisabled)
    WiiSettings.startArea++;
    break;

Will do a new build and test, and will report back any findings.

cadbusca
    Participant

As I posted above: “effective with SVN607 the EP needs to have its “global” option numbers increased by one to reflect the addition of a new “global” option in the released version.”

Poe6661
    Participant

I ran into the same issue, and posted about it here: http://www.wiimc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=894

With the introduction of StartArea, an additional global setting was introduced. So, there are a couple of places in the settings.cpp and menu.cpp files that you have to modify to accommodate the new setting. I am currently on build 661 with EP IV with all of the global settings working correctly. I have not done extensive testing yet, so I am not sure if StartArea and StartMenu are going to conflict with each other or not.

stickman
    Participant

Thanks guys for pointing this out, that surely saves some efforts.

hhansen, this is what I did to find out all the possible (am I kidding? probably missed some already, jhb50, please help) places, since the additional global option StartArea was introduced in svn 607, I looked at the difference between svn 606 and svn 607 from here: http://code.google.com/p/wiimc/source/detail?r=607, then I made the corresponding changes and index shifts.

There is one question that I have missed in the past, there is a discrepancy in settings.cpp inside the function FixInvalidSettings().

In SVN607

if(WiiSettings.lockFolders != 1 && WiiSettings.lockFolders != 0)
    WiiSettings.lockFolders = 0;

In EP IV for 1.1.0 R599

if(WiiSettings.lockFolders 4)
    WiiSettings.lockFolders = 0; //jhb50

Which one should we use?

jhb50, I knew that you are probably busy working on EP V, but if you don’t mind post the newest patch, that will be great, so I can keep learning.

Also, what’s planned for EP V?

Poe6661
    Participant

I don’t recall that specific discrepancy, but if you are using the EP, I would think using jhb50’s code is the way to go.

I am posting the EP with my updates for StartArea. Ultimately, jhb50’s EP V, when available, is the way to go. Hope this helps.

[attachment=0:6npci15u]EP IV SVN661.rar[/attachment:6npci15u]

cadbusca
    Participant

hhansen’s patch looks OK, but note that he has customized it slightly to make BButton “on” as the default.

Poe6661
    Participant

Excellent catch! I forgot I did change the default for BButton. I believe that is the only modification I made besides the StartArea modifications.

portab1e
    Participant

hey, im a newbie. I got devitpro, librogoc, MinGW install. I make through almost through step 4 but i encounter this “c:/wiimc/source/fileop.cpp:18:18: fatal error: ntfs.h: No such file or directory compilation terminated.” i update the SVN and the file is there, but still that error is still there. can anyone help me?

cadbusca
    Participant

Doesn’t look like you folllowed the instructions. Step 4 deals with compiling the libraries used by WIIMC. Your error refers to the compilation of WIIMC itself and seems that it can’t find the compiled ntfs code.

portab1e
    Participant

then how can i fix it. because i re did it. it still come out like that. ntsf code

cadbusca
    Participant

It looks like you did not do things in the correct sequence. The ntfs code gets added to the libogc library in devkitpro when you compile and make libntfs. If it is not there it means that you either did not update libogc according to the rules and so wiped out the ntfs that was there or you compiled ntfs before you installed devkitpro and so it got wiped out then.

A sequence that will work is:
    1. Download latest wiimc svn (includes the latest libntfs)
    2. download and install devkitpro (creates libogc)
    3. download and install latest libogc (creates latest libogc)
    4. compile and make the wiimc libraries (libntfs will add ntfs to libogc)
    5. compile wiimc (it will now find ntfs in libogc)

Make an exact record of every command you enter and if it still does not work post them here.

stickman
    Participant

@hhansen wrote:

I don’t recall that specific discrepancy, but if you are using the EP, I would think using jhb50’s code is the way to go.

I am posting the EP with my updates for StartArea. Ultimately, jhb50’s EP V, when available, is the way to go. Hope this helps.

[attachment=0:qw1nag5t]EP IV SVN661.rar[/attachment:qw1nag5t]

Thanks hhansen for posting, what’s the best way to compare your patch, with mine?

stickman
    Participant

FYI, in the build under Linux thread, puddles created a Makefile to compile for libs (it’s already been committed to svn since svn691) under linux. I have made some changes based on his recommendation, it’s able to build the libs under both win7 and ubuntu.Hope this is helpful for those who build regularly.

Reference:

1. http://www.wiimc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=906&start=16

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 216 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Lost Password