USB Problems? Read This!

Home Forums Help and Support USB Problems? Read This!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 251 total)
  • Author
    dim82
    Participant

yes installed ios58
    using channel
    yes HBC is using ios58

aka107
    Participant

@mdk wrote:

yes installed ios58
    using channel
    yes HBC is using ios58

Try this beta:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?u4avznck031bsdx

Edit: use last wiimc and report

dim82
    Participant

@rodries wrote:

@mdk wrote:

yes installed ios58
    using channel
    yes HBC is using ios58

Try this beta:

Ive downloaded it, and get a wiimc.dol file. Do i put it on my sd card in the apps/wiimc/ folder? and do i rename it at all. and which version of wiimc do you want me to use? i think the one i have is 1.1.4

Anonymous
    Inactive

@mdk wrote:

@rodries wrote:

@mdk wrote:

Do i put it on my sd card in the apps/wiimc/ folder? and do i rename it at all. and which version of wiimc do you want me to use? i think the one i have is 1.1.4

If it is rodries intent that you try to use that build (which I think it is) in relation to your issue, rename it to boot.dol and place it in the apps/wiimc/ folder on your SD card. It will over write the existing file thus adjusting your current version (1.1.4) to a different version or build that may address your issue.

aka107
    Participant

@mdk wrote:

@rodries wrote:

@mdk wrote:

yes installed ios58
    using channel
    yes HBC is using ios58

Try this beta:

Ive downloaded it, and get a wiimc.dol file. Do i put it on my sd card in the apps/wiimc/ folder? and do i rename it at all. and which version of wiimc do you want me to use? i think the one i have is 1.1.4

use wiimc 1.1.7 and comment

dim82
    Participant

OK i will test it and let you know

dim82
    Participant

Version 1.1.7 has the same problem as before for me. Wii freezes and loses the external USB drive.
    Tried with external USB drive in both wii ports with the same result. though it seemed to crash quicker in the top port. (wii laying down flat).

MplayerCE has no problems at all – no crashes.

aka107
    Participant

@mdk wrote:

Version 1.1.7 has the same problem as before for me. Wii freezes and loses the external USB drive.
    Tried with external USB drive in both wii ports with the same result. though it seemed to crash quicker in the top port. (wii laying down flat).

I developed MplayerCE to use ios202 with a custom ehci driver, so I guess you have installed ios202. Wiimc is using usb2 developed by ninty, maybe is a bug in ios58 or we have a bug in usbstorage.c, but I doubt because you are the only one that have reported this bug, maybe the bug is in libfat because you have formated your device with OSX, but it’s working fine with ios202 so I doubt the problem is in libfat
    Maybe it’s a memory leak, I’ll try to create a wiimc with debug info to try to find the bug.
    Can you contact me by email to send to you this special wiimc? (rodries at wiimc.org)

pbplew
    Participant

here you rodies:
    this first log is for the device that doesn’t work in the channel just HBC.

The second log is for a devicce that doesnt work at all.

EDIT* I forgot to add that the app is installed in an sd card.

aka107
    Participant

@Creo wrote:

here you rodies:
    this first log is for the device that doesn’t work in the channel just HBC.

The second log is for a devicce that doesnt work at all.

EDIT* I forgot to add that the app is installed in an sd card.

uhmm, the 2nd device is working fine, review your partitions
    the first device has problems with initialization, the wii doesn’t detect it the 2nd time
    the problem is that I haven’t a device like yours for testing, I’ll try to make a special usb test to try to find why your device is not detected when is plugged&unplugged, I’ll do it on tuesday

dim82
    Participant

@rodries wrote:

@mdk wrote:

I developed MplayerCE to use ios202 with a custom ehci driver, so I guess you have installed ios202. Wiimc is using usb2 developed by ninty, maybe is a bug in ios58 or we have a bug in usbstorage.c, but I doubt because you are the only one that have reported this bug, maybe the bug is in libfat because you have formated your device with OSX, but it’s working fine with ios202 so I doubt the problem is in libfat
    Maybe it’s a memory leak, I’ll try to create a wiimc with debug info to try to find the bug.
    Can you contact me by email to send to you this special wiimc? (rodries at wiimc.org)

sorry about the delay, ive emailed you now.

saerox
    Participant

I have got one hard disk 320 gb 2.5″.
    It’s in NTFS format. When I view it in wiimc I see only strange characters…why?

skyvador
    Participant

Hello everyone,
    I’m french and i have a very bad english.
    I post my file because my USB DEVICE (USB KEY DANE ELEC 2GO ZLIGHT NO LIMIT : http://www.google.fr/search?sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=cl%C3%A9+usb+nolimit+2go#hl=fr&q=cl%C3%A9+usb+no+limit+2+go&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbo=u&tbs=shop:1&source=og&sa=N&tab=nf&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=95186792f47b1fcd&biw=1280&bih=899) isn’t identified by WIIMC and it’s a big problem with me.

I hope this problem will be solved with the next version of WIIMC

Cordially

adinobro
    Participant

I’ve a problem. I’ve a black Wii with the IOS61 modified, HBC 1.0.8 and the last version of WiiMC. The program works, but not with all divx in the usb: any of them aren’t visible, any others doesn’t work correctly.
    On another Wii (old, white and bought in 2007) with the same configuration and the same hard disk it works perfectly.
    The new Wiis has a different dvd chip, but I’m using an hard disk via usb!!! Why this? Anyone know the problem?
    Thank you very much!

rodries
    Keymaster

For one thing, you should be running on virgin IOS58 if you’re using USB. Go install that, reinstall HBC, and then verify HBC/WiiMC are using IOS58.

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 251 total)
  • The forum ‘Help and Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Login

Lost Password