USB Problems? Read This!

Home Forums Help and Support USB Problems? Read This!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 251 total)
  • Author
    aka107
    Participant

@pallbearer wrote:

tested 4 different drives with your new app version.

1.Seagate FreeAgent Go 1TB: passed
    2.WD My Passport Essential 500GB: passed
    3.ChilliGreen 400GB: passed
    4.SAMSUNG 250GB: failed (problem child from here) Mayby it helps you to know the drive works flawless in hbc?

uhmm probably the a iosreload will activate the device SAMSUNG 250GB
    I’ll do another test only for you doing an iosreload

jan
    Participant

@lost101 wrote:

@rodries wrote:

@LeahCim wrote:

Please test this wiimc and comment: http://www.mediafire.com/?2ezq1ud231qbnm6

Hi Rodries,

This version of Wiimc detects my HD immediately. The latest official release takes around 10 seconds before the HD appears.

lost101

@ Rodies: What Rev. is this Beta?

NeoWii
    Participant

Hi,

USB Test v1.11 Log

jupitermadrid
    Participant

Hi,
    Please see attached test results

Jake7bball
    Participant

I have run the tests and my drive passed all, including the 20 minute wake up test. For reasons I can’t explain the log wasn’t saved to my sd card. My problem seems to be one that I haven’t seen on here so far.

I am currently using 1.0.9 and my hdd is seen, and works without any issues. With both versions 1.1.0 and 1.1.1 my hdd behaves strangely. When I browse to the hard drive it list all the directories in the root of the drive, but when I try to browse into them only some will work. For example, I can browse my music directory, but when I try to access for example my videos I get and error telling me that there was an error (something like “error loading usb1:/Videos/”). It can clearly see the folder, and v1.0.9 can access it without issues. Yet, it just won’t browse into it. Sometimes the error can take a few seconds as though it is attempting to get into the folder. The working directories just open immediately. The fact that the directories and the files in them work both under 1.0.9 and on my PC lead me to believe that there is no actual problem with the directories or the files in them. I just can’t seem to figure out why some would work and not others, rather than get all or none. I have tried all the obvious things that I can think of, for example file permissions. As far as I can tell everything is ok, and the fact that 1.0.9 can see and play the files without any problem leads me to think that they are.

Any suggestions would be gratefully appreciated. I’m not sure if this is a normal usb issue or if its something unique to my drive. I would love to upgrade to the newest version of WiiMC, but for obvious reasons this is quite a limitation.

BTW, the drive I am using is a WD Essential 1TB.

Thanks.

aka107
    Participant

@pallbearer wrote:

tested 4 different drives with your new app version.

1.Seagate FreeAgent Go 1TB: passed
    2.WD My Passport Essential 500GB: passed
    3.ChilliGreen 400GB: passed
    4.SAMSUNG 250GB: failed (problem child from here) Mayby it helps you to know the drive works flawless in hbc?

Please try this new usb test program: http://www.wiimc.org/files/USB%20Test%201.12.zip
    In the last test I do an ios reload. I think the ios reload will activate your device

@turley wrote:

Hitachi SimpleDrive 1.0TB

Try this test: http://www.wiimc.org/files/USB%20Test%201.12.zip

aka107
    Participant

@stevebryce wrote:

I have run the tests and my drive passed all, including the 20 minute wake up test. For reasons I can’t explain the log wasn’t saved to my sd card. My problem seems to be one that I haven’t seen on here so far.

I am currently using 1.0.9 and my hdd is seen, and works without any issues. With both versions 1.1.0 and 1.1.1 my hdd behaves strangely. When I browse to the hard drive it list all the directories in the root of the drive, but when I try to browse into them only some will work. For example, I can browse my music directory, but when I try to access for example my videos I get and error telling me that there was an error (something like “error loading usb1:/Videos/”). It can clearly see the folder, and v1.0.9 can access it without issues. Yet, it just won’t browse into it. Sometimes the error can take a few seconds as though it is attempting to get into the folder. The working directories just open immediately. The fact that the directories and the files in them work both under 1.0.9 and on my PC lead me to believe that there is no actual problem with the directories or the files in them. I just can’t seem to figure out why some would work and not others, rather than get all or none. I have tried all the obvious things that I can think of, for example file permissions. As far as I can tell everything is ok, and the fact that 1.0.9 can see and play the files without any problem leads me to think that they are.

Any suggestions would be gratefully appreciated. I’m not sure if this is a normal usb issue or if its something unique to my drive. I would love to upgrade to the newest version of WiiMC, but for obvious reasons this is quite a limitation.

BTW, the drive I am using is a WD Essential 1TB.

Thanks.

Try this beta: http://www.mediafire.com/?zp4oytj5ebdb1w5

Jake7bball
    Participant

@Rodries Have tried the beta you posted at http://www.mediafire.com/?zp4oytj5ebdb1w5

Still the same problem. My hard drive looks like this:
    /.
    Music
    Pictures
    Software
    Videos
    wbfs

I can browse to Pictures and Software, but not Videos, Music or wbfs. The exact error is “Error Opening usb1:/Videos/”

If I browse into, for example Software, I can’t browse into some 2nd level folders eg. Software/Apps, yet the files in the software folder appear normal.

In WiiMC 1.0.9 I can browse my entire HDD without any issue. 😕

I doubt that the actual folder structure will shed any light on this, just wanted to elaborate to ensure that I was understood.

rodries
    Keymaster

@stevebryce

That sounds more like an NTFS issue than a USB related one, but I can’t be sure.

jake
    Participant

Here are my results (I used the 1.11 version and my HDD – iomega Prestige, 400 Gb – has no problems).
    I had to repeat the test a lot of times because there were exceptions and I had to reboot my Wii.

Thank you for WiiMC!!!
    (Should I run the test again when a new release of it will be posted?)

ASTUR2000
    Participant

@rodries wrote:

Please try this new usb test program: http://www.wiimc.org/files/USB%20Test%201.12.zip
    In the last test I do an ios reload. I think the ios reload will activate your device

I tried your new version, unfortunately it worked not like expected. I tried it 3 times:
    The first time i got an DSI Exception: http://i.imgur.com/8KBTX.jpg
    The second and third time the app worked but all tests failed

Jake7bball
    Participant

@Tantric wrote:

@stevebryce

That sounds more like an NTFS issue than a USB related one, but I can’t be sure.

@Tantric I agree that might be that case, but have looked through all the changes to libntfs since wiimc 1.0.9 and can see nothing that might cause this (but on the other hand I’m no expert). Can you point me in the right direction where I might figure this out? Is this the same libntfs by dimok? As if it is, maybe he could shed some light on it for me. Otherwise, I am still stumped.

gorgel
    Participant

This is my test on a generic usb case with HD samsung 120Gb, half in wbfs and half in ntfs.

bylokk
    Participant

Just got the latest 1.1.1 –
    Using a Kingston 16gb DataTraveler DTI/16GB
    WiiMC worked well without IOS58 though it had severe buffering fits with some files larger than 1.4 gb

After installing IOS58:
    Versions 105-107 would play my few test files flawlessly but would freeze the Wii when I pressed the Home button
    Versions 108-111 would go to a screen dump in about 3 to 10 seconds then freeze the wii

Both situations required holding down the power button.

Update: I tried v104 and it worked without any problems. Sweet !

Update 2: Deleting in meta.xml in the wiimc folder fixed my v1.1.1 problem!

utphamthanh
    Participant

here are my results. thanks for making a quality wii app, keep it up! 😎

edit: whoops, forgot to post my specs.

wii 4.2U
    wiimc 1.1.1
    hdd HP simplesave 500GB
    |
    |
    +

400 GB WBFS PART, Primary
    +

80 GB NTFS PART, Logical
    +

20 GB FAT32 PART, Primary, Active

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 251 total)
  • The forum ‘Help and Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Login

Lost Password