USB Problems? Read This!

Home Forums Help and Support USB Problems? Read This!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 251 total)
  • Author
    gw0udm
    Participant

Tested on WD Elements SE 750GB Portable HD, formatted to FAT32. Also contains a WBFS partition.

gw0udm
    Participant

Tested on 1TB Seagate Expansion HD, Formatted to NTFS

djxkape
    Participant

@Thommy wrote:

Hello,

i have a “Western Digital Elements Portable 250GB”. The USB-Log says “USB Device Compatible!!!”. But my hdd is not detected by WiiMC. In all other Homebrew-Apps the hdd works well. My Homebrew Channel uses IOS58.

Can you help my please?

Best regarts
    Thomas from Germany

I formatted the hard drive again. Now it works 🙂

@Jense
    Ich hab die Platte einfach noch mal neu formatiert und jetzt wird die auch im WiiMC erkannt.

lowell
    Participant

@Thomas: Strange. Damn strange! Did you repartition the drive? Primary oder Logical Partition? What did you change? Or did you just reformat without changing anything?

Has any of the developers an idea about this?

djxkape
    Participant

I did just reformat without changing anything.

bemrocky
    Participant

Hi to all,
    I’ve a problem and I hope that someone can help me.
    Until Yesterday I was able to run WiiMC 1.1.1 on my wii without problem.
    Today when I launch WIIMC I get “exception dsi occurred” message.
    I’m using HBC 1.0.8 and IOS58 as yesterday.
    Nothing was installed on the Wii before the problem.
    I tried to reinstall IOS58 and hbc 1.0.8 but nothing.
    I also tried to update to 1.1.2 and install WIIMC channel to resolve the problem but nothing is changed.
    Have you some ideas? Please help me, my kids want see their cartoon… 😳

NastyCloud
    Participant

Here’s the result of my test with a WD My Passport Essential 1TB.

Currently not working with WiiMC (not detected)
    Hope it helps :).

aftermath
    Participant

@rodries wrote:

@zod1 wrote:

Thank you so much Tantric and all the team! Keep up the good work. Cheers from Russia)
    Here’s my log. Also the drive works fine – i don’t know why it didn’t pass the tests. It’s WD My Book Premium (WD5000P032) With the hard drive swapped from 500Gb to 640Gb WD 10EALX (Wd Caviar blue sata3). Hope my info will be of help…
    PS I unplugged and plugged back in the drive as instructed.

Uhmm, interesting log
    Can you download the test again & retry?
    I’ve done a little change

@turley wrote:

best regards

Please download usb test again.

Sorry, Im kinda late)))))
    Here’s my new log. Problem is – once my harddrive becomes “suspended” it can never wake up…

wolfhound89
    Participant

Cavalier 1TB. Works almost all of the time…. I updated to 1.1.2 yesterday, watched a couple movies, and evertything was fine. I loaded a few more movies on the HDD today. Started up WIIMC, it detected the drive as ususal. When I click on the partition it crashes instantly. Does it every time.

I went back to 1.1.1 and there’s no problem at all.

It has done this before, but I never tried to figure out what was causing it… it always seemed to work itself out after a while.

Here’s my log:

Thanks, Brooks

aka107
    Participant

@canuck_1987 wrote:

Here’s the result of my test with a WD My Passport Essential 1TB.

Currently not working with WiiMC (not detected)
    Hope it helps :).

Your device is not detected, only after iosreload, so the only way to get your device detected is plug your device and launch wiimc using the channel but with the wiimc installed in the sd, not in usb.

EnriqueSNK
    Participant

My results with Seagate Freeagent 250gb portable.
    It has 2 partions a WBFS that works fine with USB loader and a NTFS that cause exception (DSI) with WiiMC. Please note that WiiMC works fine with SD DVD and a USB flash memory I have. I face the same problem with my big (1TB) seagate as well. My WiiMC is 1.1.2, my homebrew is 1.0.8 and they’re both using ios58.

SajorMD
    Participant

@mark75to wrote:

My hard drive passed all the test, but problem with my Western Digital My Passport Elite 640 GB is that when i start to see a movie sometimes it stop and gives me a error that it can’t find my hard drive and i have to unplug to be able to play again or restart application.

Problem still also with 1.1.2 😥

aka107
    Participant

@mark75to wrote:

@mark75to wrote:

My hard drive passed all the test, but problem with my Western Digital My Passport Elite 640 GB is that when i start to see a movie sometimes it stop and gives me a error that it can’t find my hard drive and i have to unplug to be able to play again or restart application.

That error hard to fix
    Try this beta & report: http://www.mediafire.com/?s5bee5k5kq6sbfv

NastyCloud
    Participant

–UPDATE–

Just download and ran the IOS58 installer (for USB 2) and run it. The installation failed but I can now see my hard drive 8-). Will let you know if there are any other problems but so far so good :).

SajorMD
    Participant

@rodries wrote:

@mark75to wrote:

@mark75to wrote:

That error hard to fix
    Try this beta & report: http://www.mediafire.com/?s5bee5k5kq6sbfv

Seems that problem still when I try to open a Dvx after wii stantby and also when I finish to view a divx file.

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 251 total)
  • The forum ‘Help and Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Login

Lost Password