Watch Megavideo,HD,Youtube w/ CC through WiiMC (VLCShares)

Home Forums Third Party Enhancements VLC Shares Watch Megavideo,HD,Youtube w/ CC through WiiMC (VLCShares)

Viewing 10 posts - 211 through 220 (of 220 total)
  • Author
    bobnabob
    Participant

Yes,I have found the same,watch directly works,but streamer is broken.I sent you beta2.Also You can use vlc-v2.0,but you must choose it in the dashboard while running the setup.It will let you pick,old vlc or vlc 2.0. Let me know if this works.Someone may need to file a bug report on the vlc-shares code page.

sheegname
    Participant

Sorry for the late update,
    here’s what is going on now

well before you sent me the file I was playing around with latest beta and downloaded VLC 1.1.3 and used that with the lastest beta and I would start stream, click go to stream and then it would still have the error BUT when I would change tab and go back to it and then click go to stream. I worked! for a little bit at least it foze about 25 minutes into the video. Then I restarted the wii, went back to the stream and then started it and watched it to the end.

Now on to beta 2 that you sent me

I loaded the file and set it up to use vlc 1.1.3 just to be safe and it is doing the same thing that beta 3 does. It won’t play the file unless I change tabs and go back.

Is this a known problem? Does it happen to you?

I’ll try using VLC 2 and report back.

Also should I try a later version of VLC 1? 1.1.3 isn’t the latest but I seem to remember reading somewhere that it was the most compatible with VLC shares.

bobnabob
    Participant

I use Vlc-player v2.0.1 with vlc-shares b2 and have been since its release, with really no problems.

About your haveing to change tabs problem. Are you using wiimc or wiimc+ ??? Your wiimc is timing out before you are getting a reply from the server.In wiimc+ you can increase the time it waits before throwing an error message in wiimc+ settings.I haven’t really seen this problem with basic wiimc.

If using wiimc+ and still haveing to do the change tab thing after increasing the wait time,Then
    This is how i get around it: Press “start stream” then after error message, press “options” Then press goto stream.
    I’m not sure why,but wiimc+ seems to take longer either starting or connecting to streams through vlc-shares.

Rignog
    Participant

after many hours,finally solved the problem with “error reading file”…Know when i am pressing vlc share on online media in wiimc,opens…BUT…instead of browsing the channels,giving me some folders,as below:

Error page not found
    Message action “collections” does not exist and was

stack trace

#0 C:Program FilesVLCsharesvlc-sharesLibrar
    #1 C:Program FilesVLCsharesvlc-sharesLibrar
    #2 C:Program FilesVLCsharesvlc-sharesLibrar
    #3 C:Program FilesVLCsharesvlc-sharesLibrar
    #4 C:Program FilesVLCsharesvlc-sharesLibrar
    #5 C:Program FilesVLCsharesvlc-sharesLibrar
    #6 {main}

request params:

controller – > public
    action – > index
    module – > default

Any help?

I also trying a Greek translation …i hope you gonna get it soon..
    Thanks alot

Rignog
    Participant

So,the problem solved with the update found on ximarks link in signature,BUT!!!i found an other right know
    First,i cant see any stream,always says error…
    I cant see any installed plugin from vlc shares,except 3 preinstalled
    Wiimc can locate my pc but cant stream
    Any help?

bobnabob
    Participant

Have you installed the plugin’s through the dashboard as per instructions.Type in your servers web browser Either “localhost/vlc-shares” or “server-ip/vlc-shares” and install your wanted plugins.Need to know what version of vlc-shares,zend,rtmpdump,ffmpeg,vlc you are using.P.C os would be nice also.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Getting constant “Error loading file!” problems.

I was running fine on windows XP pro. I just did a clean install of Win 7 64bit.
    Proceeded to do the automatic install of vlcshares 0.5.4, followed the instruction wiki, installed the latest static ffmpeg, rtmpdump, did the setup of vlc shares. VLC itself is 2.0.5

My files play fine on the PC. I can also stream through VLC shares right from the PC – it starts downloading a .part file, and then I manually open that with VLC, and it plays.

When I start a stream through WIIMC (latest version) it appears to work fine until I try and “go to stream”. It takes a while and gives me the error loading file message. If I go back to the PC running vlc shares, and I just open the active stream, it IS communicating with my wii. I had one file streaming from the PC directly. From the wii I shut down vlc, start a different file streaming, get error. Then go back to PC, start active stream, and its playing the file I tried to play from wiimc.

I had already uninstalled vlc-shares, and ran through the install instructions from scratch again, in case I botched something. Not sure what’s wrong..

One other note, from both WIIMC and also right from the PC, the “On air:” listing is always blank. It used to show me the file name of whatever was streaming.

help!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Wow. Stumbled across a post saying that vlc-shares 0.5.4 will only work with VLC 1.1.9.

It’d be awesome if the installation instructions actually said that!

It’s all working fine again after installing vlc 1.1.9

Anonymous
    Inactive

@oceros wrote:

Wow. Stumbled across a post saying that vlc-shares 0.5.4 will only work with VLC 1.1.9.

It’d be awesome if the installation instructions actually said that!

It’s all working fine again after installing vlc 1.1.9

Thx a lot! It works now.

MagniliaSn
    Participant

Hello. And Bye.

Viewing 10 posts - 211 through 220 (of 220 total)
  • The forum ‘VLC Shares’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Login

Lost Password