Watch Megavideo,HD,Youtube w/ CC through WiiMC (VLCShares)

Home Forums Third Party Enhancements VLC Shares Watch Megavideo,HD,Youtube w/ CC through WiiMC (VLCShares)

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 220 total)
  • Author
    zany130
    Participant

@MaddpoettDyer wrote:

OK this is where I must be stuck as I haven’t made any changes because when I count the lines down they do not match the numbers against them.

Line 59: set your path to vlc.exe (use / in the path, not )
    Line 154-188: set your collection id/label/path (Path must end with / )

Can you please tell me what is in the string I am looking for and what to replace them with.

To avoid having to manually count the lines, try to use Notepad++. It’s free.

YOUR_EASY_PHP_INSTALL_DIR = the directory where you install EasyPhp (default: C:Program FilesEasyPhp for win32, C:Program Files (x86)EasyPhp for win64)

Lines 50 -> 59:

[vlc]

;
    ; Path per l'eseguibile del vlc
    ;
    ; Path to vlc Executable

; Linux default: path = "/usr/bin/vlc"
    ; Windows default: path = ""C:/Program files/VideoLAN/VLC/vlc.exe""
    path = ""C:/Program files/VideoLAN/VLC/vlc.exe""

You must change C:/Program files/VideoLan/VLC/vlc.exe to match your vlc.exe path.
    Example:

path = ""C:/Program files (x86)/VideoLAN/VLC/vlc.exe""

or

path = ""C:/Programmi/VideoLAN/VLC/vlc.exe""

or

path = ""C:/My custom program dir/VLC/vlc.exe""

and so on…

Lines 154->188

[shares]
    ;
    ; Contiene la lista di collezioni da condivide
    ;
    ; Contains the list of collections to be shared
    ;
    ; Una condivisione e' composta nel seguente modo:
    ; idShare.name = "NOME_VISUALIZZATO"
    ; idShare.path = "/percorso/alla/directory/della/collezione/"
    ; Esempio Linux:
    ; torrent.name = "Cartella download Torrent"
    ; torrent.path = "/home/myuser/Downloads/Torrent/"
    ; Esempio Windows:
    ; telecamera.name = "Riprese con telecamera"
    ; telecamera.path = "C:/Documenti/Video/Telecamera/"
    ;
    ; A collection can be shared as:
    ; idShare.name = "LABEL"
    ; idShare.path = "/path/to/collection/"
    ; Linux example:
    ; torrent.name = "BitTorrent Downloads"
    ; torrent.path = "/home/myuser/Downloads/Torrent/"
    ; Windows example:
    ; camera.name = "HD Camera records"
    ; camera.path = "C:/Videos/Camera/"

rootLinux.name = "Root (Linux System)"
    rootLinux.path = "/"

rootWindows.name = "Root (Windows System)"
    rootWindows.path = "C:/"

If you want, change existing ones or adding new ones.
    For example if your download dir is C:My DownloadsVideoFree stuff and you want to add it in your collections, you must add:

myPersonalStuff.name = "Free stuff in Dowload dir"
    myPersonalStuff.path = "C:/My Downloads/Video/Free stuff/"

You must be sure to replace all in path with / and that the path ends with a /

In the example:

• Collection ID = myPersonalStuff
    • Collection NAME = “Free stuff in Dowload dir”
    • Collection Path = “C:/My Downloads/Video/Free stuff/”

I hope it’s more clear now

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes very clear and thank you!! I will let you know later how it tunred out. Right now I have a film to go make!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ok so now I have run into another problem. I keep getting an unexpected end of Apache. I’ve tried about a hundred different ports and all I keep getting is that message.

zany130
    Participant

@MaddpoettDyer wrote:

all I keep getting is that message

What message?

Anonymous
    Inactive

EasyPHP shows a message that says:
    Unexpected end of Apache

Or it just shuts Apache down on startup. I am not getting the firewall or used port message.

zany130
    Participant

@MaddpoettDyer wrote:

EasyPHP shows a message that says:
    Unexpected end of Apache

Or it just shuts Apache down on startup. I am not getting the firewall or used port message.

Read apache log file. To open it, right click on easyphp’s systray icon->log->apache log

[NOTE]
    Are you sure that you followed my tutorial, line by line?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ll have to run over it tomorrow, tonight isn’t the night had a good night. Bartender was buying me 1/2 and 1/2’s and shots all night. I could of have missed something though.

CokToggilalax
    Participant

Hey guys i was wondering if someone could help me out.
    I have installed WiiMC on my Wii and i have installed what ever was stated in the instructions for my computer.
    When i tried to load VLC shares from my wii, it goes to a loading screen and then it says “Loading Error”

i typed in: 192.168.1.3/vlc-shares/public in my computer’s browser and i got: “Application error”

Im not sure if you have to configure anything on the Wii itself, or if i have made an error while configuring it on my PC, could someone please give me a hand with this.

Thanks
    Zoid

zany130
    Participant

@zoidfreak wrote:

Hey guys i was wondering if someone could help me out.
    I have installed WiiMC on my Wii and i have installed what ever was stated in the instructions for my computer.
    When i tried to load VLC shares from my wii, it goes to a loading screen and then it says “Loading Error”

i typed in: 192.168.1.3/vlc-shares/public in my computer’s browser and i got: “Application error”

Im not sure if you have to configure anything on the Wii itself, or if i have made an error while configuring it on my PC, could someone please give me a hand with this.

Thanks
    Zoid

Seems like you made a config error while installing vlcshares on your pc or you have missed some step of the tutorial. You should enable debug log and give me more info (ex: attach your vlc-shares’s config file (you can find it in EASY_PHP_INSTALL_DIR/www/vlc-shares/application/configs/vlc-shares.config.ini), attach your debug log file…). I don’t have the crystall ball :P)

CokToggilalax
    Participant

Hi, i have attached the vlc-shares-config file, i hope it helps.

Thanks again

zany130
    Participant

enable debug log in config file and paste here your debug log after that you get application error.
    You can read debug log content in http://YOUR_IP_ADDRESS/vlc-shares/public/test/index

Anyway, are you sure that you followed my installation tutorial without error?

CokToggilalax
    Participant

Hi mate, cheers for your help i re-read your instructions and found out that my vlc-shares config file was initially renamed wrongly. Eitherway its been fixed now and its working.
    Thanks again

zoid

zany130
    Participant

This is a plugin for add vlc 1.2 compatibility (in 1.2 nightlies build h264/aac bug is fixed)

Extract archive in vlc-shares/library/X/VlcShares/Plugins/

and then add those lines at the bottom of your vlc-shares.configs.ini (in vlc-shares/application/configs/)

vlc12support.class = "X_VlcShares_Plugins_Vlc12"
    vlc12support.path = APPLICATION_PATH "/../library/X/VlcShares/Plugins/Vlc12.php"

This is an experimental plugin and nightlies builds of vlc 1.2 are dev versions.

faceleg
    Participant

I’m confused about “Line 154-188: set your collection id/label/path (Path must end with / )”

Can someone write me a sample of that? Is it Ip/Share Name/Path? ie. 192.168.0.199/Test-PC/D:/PATH ?

zany130
    Participant

@indyadvant wrote:

I’m confused about “Line 154-188: set your collection id/label/path (Path must end with / )”

Can someone write me a sample of that? Is it Ip/Share Name/Path? ie. 192.168.0.199/Test-PC/D:/PATH ?

This is an example:

myPersonalStuff.name = "Free stuff in Dowload dir"
    myPersonalStuff.path = "C:/My Downloads/Video/Free stuff/"

In the example:

• myPersonalStuff is the ID of the collection
    • “Free stuff in Dowload dir” is the collection’s label
    • “C:/My Downloads/Video/Free stuff/” is the collection’s path

So, if you want to add a dir in your D drive as a new collection, you have to add (for example)

myDdir.name = "This is the label of my collection in D drive"
    myDdir.path = "D:/My Dir/My Subdir/My last Subdir/"
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 220 total)
  • The forum ‘VLC Shares’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Login

Lost Password