Watch Megavideo,HD,Youtube w/ CC through WiiMC (VLCShares)

Home Forums Third Party Enhancements VLC Shares Watch Megavideo,HD,Youtube w/ CC through WiiMC (VLCShares)

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 220 total)
  • Author
    zany130
    Participant

It’s the same. PUBLIC is not required anymore! And it’s useless to write 42323442 post with the same content <.<

Anonymous
    Inactive

hey ximarx just curious do i have to do anything to my sd card to get this to work like in the online media folder?

zany130
    Participant

You only have to edit the apps/wiimc/onlinemedia.xml file.

https://code.google.com/p/vlc-shares/wiki/WiimcConfigurationEn

Anonymous
    Inactive

0ne more question ximarx i have done everything the tutorial said anding me back to t it wont work on wiimc it keeps bringin me back to the main menu.. any advice??

Linlhutz
    Participant

sorry for all the troubles but I got two questions.

First Im using VLC on WiiMC and I love it !!!! 😉 Can’t Imagine a day without it. Im watching my library on VLC youtube other people account and my fav. ANIME !!!! but leatly wonted to test some on my HD movie and that where my problem start.;/

First of all my first question is :

If we play a movie in HD on bluray player for example through HDMI cable and play the same movie on WiiMC – VLC will the quality be the same ?? I mean HDMI will displey 1080p while on Wii we can only see 480p through component cable and there is no way to change that. Then how much the picture is wors compere to HDMI bluray player ??

And my sec. question is

Can somone rewrite the tutorial for “how to play HD movie through WiiMC VLC” or create a video tutorial on youtube step by step how to start streem on PC then on WiiMC watch it.

Im asking cuz my english is pretty bad in all that PHP stuff and can’t get it to working after I read all the tutorials on the site.

THANKS AGAIN

chaltier

zany130
    Participant

1080p videos watched through VLCShares are transcoded to ¬480p quality and WII has max resolution = 480p. So, no: 1080p transcoded video has not the same quality of the original one.

I have no plan to make video tutorial. Maybe someone else will do it… I did enought.

As side node: I’m working to create a plugin to turn VLCShares in a Upnp/DNLA server/client. I need some testers.

Linlhutz
    Participant

Well YOU DID MORE THEN ENOUGHT AND THANK YOU FOR THAT 😉

And thx for a fast respond and all I will try to work it on my own 😉 THANK YOU AGAIN 😉

charlottesorangk
    Participant

Upnp Tester here-here :D.

Just now i use XBMC, MediaTomb, i evaluated to purchase Twonky, and stumbled upon your program just when i was convinced to create one from zero, myself. Incidentally, i was thinking to some php/apache with transcoding scripts also 😀

Features most needed and not founded on linux media servers was:
    – users access
    – transcoding with profiles (to get movies on my phone over 3G, tablet over WIFI, laptop, desktop – with various bandwidth)

You think you could add some users permissions ? like admins/players/guests ?
    Is there a way to select a default language for subtitle/audio ? I could try to implement one (if you point me into right dirrection/file … ../Helper/FFmpeg.php ?) based on my vlc-transcoding script used for mediatomb; i prefer JAP audio over ENG and RO subtitles over EN and i extract informations with mediainfo.

I created a profile to transcode to H264/MP3 to support hardware decoding in Android 3.x/Tegra 2 processors.
    This is converted from what i use with MediaTomb, currently.

#transcode{fps=15,audio-sync,vcodec=h264,venc=x264{vbv-maxrate=512,vbv-bufsize=512,preset=slow,profile=main,keyint=15},vfilter=canvas{width=800,height=480,padd},aenc=ffmpeg,acodec=mp3,ab=80,samplerate=44100,channels=2,soverlay}:rtp{mp4a-latm,sdp=rtsp://0.0.0.0:5554/android.sdp} --no-hq-resampling --audio-filter=normalizer --volume=1024 --norm-buff-size=10 --norm-max-level=10.0 --a52-dynrng --dts-dynrng --equalizer-preamp=0.0 --subsdec-encoding=ISO-8859-2 --subsdec-align=0 --freetype-rel-fontsize=12 --freetype-effect=3 --sout-transcode-threads=1

… from http://wiki.videolan.org/VLC_command-line_help

– video bitrate: 512k
    – audio bitrate: 80k
    – x264 profile: main
    – x264 preset: slow
    – It resize image to 800×480 (Samsung S2 resolution, same aspect ratio with Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1)
    – subtitles encoding is ISO-8859-2 (Central-European)
    – relative font size – 12 : 20 (Smaller), 18 (Small), 16 (Normal), 12 (Large), 6 (Larger)
    – font effect – 3 : 1 (Background), 2 (Outline), 3 (Fat Outline)
    – number of threads to transcode = 1
    – normalize audio to a higher level

Keep up the good work, man.
    Daniel

zany130
    Participant

@Daniel wrote:

Upnp Tester here-here :D.

I halted upnp feature, because it require code refractoring. I can’t do it alone right now.

I got announcer to work and some other things. It works with uPnpPlay for android and UPnP AV Control Point (a program for pc), but real dnla/upnp devices ignore it.

All code is in the trunk (https://code.google.com/p/vlc-shares/source/browse/trunk):

• library/X/Upnp.php: it’s a port of UMSP/UMSPX, but after i made it i found that UMSP code is not standard compliance, so i change some things but lot of work need to be done yet
    • library/X/Upnp/Announcer.php: it’s the upnp announcer class. it run in a separate “thread” (or something like that) using the X_Threads_* (library/X/Threads*) api. Threads api is not documented and stabilized yet (to be honest it require refractoring)
    • application/controllers/UpnpController.php is the controller, it serves upnp manifests and handle upnp request

You can try it in the last rev. Just start the announcer from http://localhost/vlc-shares/upnp and try with your upnp device.

@Daniel wrote:

You think you could add some users permissions ? like admins/players/guests ?

Basic user login features are already implemented. Adding roles shouldn’t be a great problem, but it’s not in my plan right now. I’m focusing in improve rtmpdump integration, add basic threads support and some features like rss parser, single page monitoring and add new hosters. If you want to implement this yourself i can give you tips.

@Daniel wrote:

Is there a way to select a default language for subtitle/audio ? I could try to implement one (if you point me into right dirrection/file … ../Helper/FFmpeg.php ?) based on my vlc-transcoding script used for mediatomb; i prefer JAP audio over ENG and RO subtitles over EN and i extract informations with mediainfo.

Subtitle are turned off by default until you don’t select one subtitle in the Mode menu, default audio is the default one of the video. If you want to implement this kind of feature you could create a new plugin which change default settings if no special preferences are submitted. It’s not hard to be done. You just have to hook to

registerVlcArgs()

invoke ffmpeg helper (mediainfo helper is deprecated and will be removed in next 0.5.5 release) to get video/subtitles info and (if ro subtitle/audio are available) automatically add params in vlc args to use them.

Something like that:

public function registerVlcArgs(X_Vlc $vlc, $provider, $location, Zend_Controller_Action $controller) {
    // get audio preference from the audioSwitcher plugin
    $audioPref = $controller->getRequest()->getParam('audioSwitcher', false);
    // get sub preference from fileSub plugin
    $subPref = $controller->getRequest()->getParam('fileSub', false);

$cAudioIndex = false;
    $cSubIndex = false;

// if there is no audio track selection made by the user
    if ( !$audioPref ) {

// prepare ffmpeg helper
    $this->helpers()->ffmpeg()->setLocation($location);

// more than 1 audio stream is available, so we can choose
    if ( $this->helpers()->ffmpeg()->getAudioStreamsNumber() ) {

$audios = $this->helpers()->ffmpeg()->getAudiosInfo();

foreach ($audios as $track) {
    // check if language code is available
    // then check if the language is the same wanted (i call plugin options, but it's an example)
    if ( isset($track) && $track == $this->options('preferred.audio') ) {
    $cAudioIndex = $track;
    break; // found, exit foreach;
    }
    }

}
    }

// if there is no sub track selection made by the user
    if ( !$subPref ) {

// THIS CODE ONLY CHECK OF EMBEDED SUBS, NOT EXTERNAL FILES.
    // IT REQUIRES MORE JOB, IT'S A SAMPLE ONLY

// prepare ffmpeg helper (not a problem if already done in the audioPref if)
    $this->helpers()->ffmpeg()->setLocation($location);

// more than 1 sub stream is available, so we can choose
    if ( $this->helpers()->ffmpeg()->getSubsNumber() ) {

$subs = $this->helpers()->ffmpeg()->getSubsInfo();

foreach ($subs as $track) {
    // check if language code is available
    // then check if the language is the same wanted (i call plugin options, but it's an example)
    if ( isset($track) && $track == $this->options('preferred.sub') ) {
    $cSubIndex = $track;
    break; // found, exit foreach;
    }
    }

}
    }

// check if audio autoselection has been made:
    if ( $cAudioIndex !== false ) { // 0 == false, so i make a !== comparison
    $vlc->registerArg('audio', "--audio-track="$cAudioIndex"");
    }

// check if audio autoselection has been made:
    if ( $cSubIndex !== false ) { // 0 == false, so i make a !== comparison
    $vlc->registerArg('subtitles', "--sub-track="$cSubIndex"");
    }

}

@Daniel wrote:

I created a profile to transcode to H264/MP3 to support hardware decoding in Android 3.x/Tegra 2 processors.
    This is converted from what i use with MediaTomb, currently.

#transcode{fps=15,audio-sync,vcodec=h264,venc=x264{vbv-maxrate=512,vbv-bufsize=512,preset=slow,profile=main,keyint=15},vfilter=canvas{width=800,height=480,padd},aenc=ffmpeg,acodec=mp3,ab=80,samplerate=44100,channels=2,soverlay}:rtp{mp4a-latm,sdp=rtsp://0.0.0.0:5554/android.sdp} –no-hq-resampling –audio-filter=normalizer –volume=1024 –norm-buff-size=10 –norm-max-level=10.0 –a52-dynrng –dts-dynrng –equalizer-preamp=0.0 –subsdec-encoding=ISO-8859-2 –subsdec-align=0 –freetype-rel-fontsize=12 –freetype-effect=3 –sout-transcode-threads=1

… from http://wiki.videolan.org/VLC_command-line_help

– video bitrate: 512k
    – audio bitrate: 80k
    – x264 profile: main
    – x264 preset: slow
    – It resize image to 800×480 (Samsung S2 resolution, same aspect ratio with Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1)
    – subtitles encoding is ISO-8859-2 (Central-European)
    – relative font size – 12 : 20 (Smaller), 18 (Small), 16 (Normal), 12 (Large), 6 (Larger)
    – font effect – 3 : 1 (Background), 2 (Outline), 3 (Fat Outline)
    – number of threads to transcode = 1
    – normalize audio to a higher level

Keep up the good work, man.
    Daniel

Nice, i’ll add it in the vlc-shares 0.5.5 release 🙂

If you want more info you can add me in gtalk/gmail or windows live at ximarx@gmail.com or twitter at @ximarx

charlottesorangk
    Participant

Just resolved optional audio/subtitles language order. Tested with varoius anime series, with dual audio and multiple subtitles (embedded and external files).

Add this to vlc options:
    –audio-language=”ja,en,any” –sub-language=”ro,en” –sub-autodetect-fuzzy=3 –sub-autodetect-file

… fuzzy: 3 = subtitle file matching the movie name with additional chars
    like “movie.EN.srt”

… where languages will be added in 2 letters code; order to select is order in the above lists; “any” is for fallback to default stream if neither JA nor EN audio is present in stream (like movies with spanish audio)

haha45
    Participant

How do I install VLCshares and it’s plugins on my wii? I can only find how to install it on mac. I don’t really understand it. I thought it would just go in my wii applications folder and it would be fine (like with wii mc and other apps). Where do I put the vlcshare 0.54 i downloaded? Where do I put the plugins for it?

Thanks

zany130
    Participant

@Daniel wrote:

Just resolved optional audio/subtitles language order. Tested with varoius anime series, with dual audio and multiple subtitles (embedded and external files).

Add this to vlc options:
    –audio-language=”ja,en,any” –sub-language=”ro,en” –sub-autodetect-fuzzy=3 –sub-autodetect-file

… fuzzy: 3 = subtitle file matching the movie name with additional chars
    like “movie.EN.srt”

… where languages will be added in 2 letters code; order to select is order in the above lists; “any” is for fallback to default stream if neither JA nor EN audio is present in stream (like movies with spanish audio)

Nice solution

zany130
    Participant

@MadeInMachines wrote:

How do I install VLCshares and it’s plugins on my wii? I can only find how to install it on mac. I don’t really understand it. I thought it would just go in my wii applications folder and it would be fine (like with wii mc and other apps). Where do I put the vlcshare 0.54 i downloaded? Where do I put the plugins for it?

Thanks

vlc-shares must be installed in a PC (or mac), instruction here: https://code.google.com/p/vlc-shares/wiki/Installation

Then, you have to edit the onlinemedia.xml file of wiimc (sd:/apps/wiimc/onlinemedia.xml) following this instructions: https://code.google.com/p/vlc-shares/wiki/WiimcConfigurationEn

prubaduaxopay
    Participant

Watch Polish weeb.tv using Tiwi http://mastermind89.xup.pl/viewtopic.php?t=787&sid=e5b3bcbe59b001afd579ba6e9e8d5376 on your desktop. Program uses VLC and rtmpdump.exe, I would like to harness my VLC-shares and watch my WiiMC. How do we do?

zany130
    Participant

Create a plugin for weeb.tv that act as a page scraper and find rtmp link to play in wiimc 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 220 total)
  • The forum ‘VLC Shares’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Login

Lost Password