Watch Megavideo,HD,Youtube w/ CC through WiiMC (VLCShares)

Home Forums Third Party Enhancements VLC Shares Watch Megavideo,HD,Youtube w/ CC through WiiMC (VLCShares)

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 220 total)
  • Author
    zany130
    Participant

@sianis wrote:

Hi!

I’m trying to install it on Ubuntu 10.04. I’m done with everything, but vlc-shares/public location throws me 403 Forbidden message.

[Wed Aug 25 06:28:13 2010] [crit] [client 127.0.0.1] (13)Permission denied: /var/www/vlc-shares/.htaccess pcfg_openfile: unable to check htaccess file, ensure it is readable

Do I miss some step? AllowOverride None is changed to AllowOverride All.

Thank you!

You have permission problems. Change permission for vlc-shares directory. You have to set all files readable by www-data and vlc-shares/data and sub-directory writable by www-data
    For example:

cd /var/www/vlc-shares/
    sudo chown www-data:www-data -R .
    sudo chmod a+rx -R .
    sudo chmod a+rwx -R data/
    eugene_dounar
    Participant

@ximarx wrote:

You have permission problems. Change permission for vlc-shares directory. You have to set all files readable by www-data and vlc-shares/data and sub-directory writable by www-data

It works! Thank you!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey ximark!

I have been playing with vlc-shares and vlc12 plugin some more. Some things i’d like to notice:

1. For the vlc12 plugin to work correctly I had to add the following function to Vlc.php:

public function getArg($placeholder) {
    return $this->_registredArgs[$placeholder];
    }

2. In Vlc12.php (plugin) I had to trim the source variable of double quotes for the realpath() function to work correctly and also readd double quotes for registerArg():

if ( X_Env::isWindows() && substr($source,0,7) != 'http://' ) {
    $source = realpath(trim($source, '"'));
    $vlc->registerArg('source', '"$source"');
    }

After that, I got my first stream to work! 🙂 Then I pressed “home” on wiimote, got back to wiiMC and got vlc-shares stream controls. I pressed Stop returned back to video, it played the buffered data (few seconds) then it blocked completely. What is the proper way of stopping the stream?

zany130
    Participant

@SilentException wrote:

Hey ximark!

I have been playing with vlc-shares and vlc12 plugin some more. Some things i’d like to notice:

1. For the vlc12 plugin to work correctly I had to add the following function to Vlc.php:

public function getArg($placeholder) {
    return $this->_registredArgs[$placeholder];
    }

Ops… in current development version this function already exists. I forgot to backport it 0.4.1. Ahahaha

@SilentException wrote:

2. In Vlc12.php (plugin) I had to trim the source variable of double quotes for the realpath() function to work correctly and also readd double quotes for registerArg():

if ( X_Env::isWindows() && substr($source,0,7) != 'http://' ) {
    $source = realpath(trim($source, '"'));
    $vlc->registerArg('source', '"$source"');
    }

This solution is perfect. Unfortunatly i can’t try vlc-shares in windows environment at this time, so my changes are just theory. In linux env, none of this is needed.

Just a note: you should use ” to delimit the string. If you use ‘, $source will not be substitute with variable content.

$vlc->registerArg('source', ""$source"");

@SilentException wrote:

After that, I got my first stream to work! 🙂 Then I pressed “home” on wiimote, got back to wiiMC and got vlc-shares stream controls. I pressed Stop returned back to video, it played the buffered data (few seconds) then it blocked completely. What is the proper way of stopping the stream?

Pressing stop button is the proper way. Doing this you kill vlc process on the remote pc. Vlc-shares can control vlc on the remote pc, but it has no control on wiimc. There is no way to force wiimc to flush the buffered data. The same thing happen if you use forward/back button. Vlc shifts in time, but wiimc continue playing old buffered datas until they end. After that, you see the video from the new position. Maybe reducing the buffered datas in wiimc options, you will do transition from older to newer datas more fast.

fishears
    Participant

Thanks a lot ximarx. I got it working in 10 minutes and love this solution. I finally don’t have to wait for XviD Anime anymore! :mrgreen:

cadbusca
    Participant

Yes this now works for me too. Using VLC nightly build from 8/15, avc/aac videos play perfectly as well but you need to transcode the video only because the VLC profile transcode does audio too and it wont play. Leaving it as AAC works fine.

zany130
    Participant

You are welcome

WeimeNerbmire
    Participant

got this working first time, great tut, at the risk of sounding like a newb, how does the megavideo support work?

edit: sorry got the megavideo too, if all else fails read the directions, DOH!!! thanks for all the work on this. i have a reason to turn on my wii again 🙂

WeimeNerbmire
    Participant

Sorry if i’m in the wrong place here, but this question is about the vlc_shares(this seems to be the only place here that deals with that), the megavideo support works (i use it for tv episodes) but after an episode and a half, it jumps back to the playlist, and when i try to reopen the link, it gives error opening file, (for a couple of hours then it works again) still works fine streaming from my pc just the megavideo plugin has problems, i’m assuming this has to do with megavideo’s 72 minute limit, but as i have a premium account, i was wondering if there is any way around this, i have tried logging in via pc(server) and the browser on the wii, both tell me i’m logged in, any help for a newb would be appreciated, thanks. 🙂

cor
    Participant

I’ve got this error. What should I do?

VLC-Shares: system test

VLC-Share version:
    Config file is:
    C:Program FilesEasyPHP-5.3.2iwwwvlc-sharesapplication/configs/vlc-shares.config.ini
    Config file is available:
    File not found or not readable. Following tests are skipped
    cor
    Participant

@sagewolf wrote:

VLC-Share version:
    Config file is:
    C:Program FilesEasyPHP-5.3.2iwwwvlc-sharesapplication/configs/vlc-shares.config.ini

I don’t know that I do something wrong or folder’s name is too long but I reinstall EasyPHP in “C:EasyPHP” and redo everything and It work!!

zany130
    Participant

i’m just back from holidays. Time for replies:
    @sagewolf wrote:

@sagewolf wrote:

VLC-Share version:
    Config file is:

I don’t know that I do something wrong or folder’s name is too long but I reinstall EasyPHP in “C:EasyPHP” and redo everything and It work!!

90% you forgot to rename the config file correctly.

@skandolis wrote:

Sorry if i’m in the wrong place here, but this question is about the vlc_shares(this seems to be the only place here that deals with that), the megavideo support works (i use it for tv episodes) but after an episode and a half, it jumps back to the playlist, and when i try to reopen the link, it gives error opening file, (for a couple of hours then it works again) still works fine streaming from my pc just the megavideo plugin has problems, i’m assuming this has to do with megavideo’s 72 minute limit, but as i have a premium account, i was wondering if there is any way around this, i have tried logging in via pc(server) and the browser on the wii, both tell me i’m logged in, any help for a newb would be appreciated, thanks. 🙂

Vlc-shares’s megavideo plugin don’t have support for megavideo’s premium account. I haven’t a premium account, so i can’t develop an authentication procedure for vlc-shares. This means: 72 minutes limit. I’m sorry.

zany130
    Participant

if anyone is interested: I created a repository on google code for vlc-shares. You can find it @ http://code.google.com/p/vlc-shares/

if you want, you can follow development and try dev-revision using svn. Configuration instruction are always the same (for now).

The development release is an improvement of 0.4.1 release with some new features in megavideo plugin’s management (bookmarklets, category folding & management).

zany130
    Participant

I just released version 0.5_alpha1. This is a test release. It aim to skilled users which want to help development doing some tests.

This is the changelog:

*** 0.5 alpha 1 (20/09/2010) ***
    – plugin system has been rewritten
    – new stream options selection mode
    – new seek controls (you can input position or shift time)
    – megavideo plugin management has been improved (the plugin core is missing)
    – new bookmarklets features for megavideo plugin (the plugin core is missing)
    – configuration moved to db (located in /data/db/vlc-shares.db)
    – All work out of box. Only vlc path must be selected
    – Shares, Profiles and Output type has been moved in the db. An interface will be available in alpha 3
    – Vlc_Commander_Rc has been flagged as deprecated
    – Only in alpha release until 0.5, default config file is placed in application/configs/vlc-shares.newconfig.ini

Download vlc-shares 0.5_alpha1: http://code.google.com/p/vlc-shares/downloads/detail?name=vlc-shares_0.5-alpha1.7z
    More information: http://code.google.com/p/vlc-shares/source/detail?r=25
    You can leave your issues in vlc-shares’s bug tracker: http://code.google.com/p/vlc-shares/issues/list

zany130
    Participant

vlc-shares 0.5_alpha2 is available for checkout in svn tags @ http://vlc-shares.googlecode.com/svn/tags/0.5_alpha2/

This is the changelog:

– Megavideo plugin back to work in direct and transcoded (also for h264/aac videos with vlc 1.1.3) way
    – Removed old deprecated plugins
    – Added layout support
    – Added new manage interface
    – Stabilized lvl 2 api:
    * new api for news
    * new api for alert
    * new api for stats
    * new api for quick actions
    * new api for plugin manager
    – Blueprint css framework included in dev tree
    – Jquery/Jquery ui/lightbox included in dev tree
    -Removed errors from test page. New it does all tests, but the page need to be
    rewritten
    – Megavideo html pages adapted for new interface (layout), but need to be
    – rewritten
    – Megavideo and FileSystem plugins expose infos in manage page with new apis
    – Added 2 soc plugins for expose how to use new lvl 2 apis (CoreStats and WidgetDevAlert)

i leave you just an image:

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 220 total)
  • The forum ‘VLC Shares’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Login

Lost Password