Watch Megavideo,HD,Youtube w/ CC through WiiMC (VLCShares)

Home Forums Third Party Enhancements VLC Shares Watch Megavideo,HD,Youtube w/ CC through WiiMC (VLCShares)

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 220 total)
  • Author
    fishears
    Participant

@ximarx wrote:

Try updating vlc to 1.1.4. If you want to transcode HD (1080p or 720p) files, you must have a proper hardware for that…

Anyway, for db-readonly related errors: open a terminal. Go to your vlc-shares directory and type:

sudo chmod a+rwx -R data/ && sudo chown -R www-data:www-data data/

I already said that the transcoding on windows 7 is better than on ubuntu, it has nothing to do with my hardware. Are there some tweaks for the VLC Params?

zany130
    Participant

@skoopman wrote:

@ximarx wrote:

Try updating vlc to 1.1.4. If you want to transcode HD (1080p or 720p) files, you must have a proper hardware for that…

Anyway, for db-readonly related errors: open a terminal. Go to your vlc-shares directory and type:

sudo chmod a+rwx -R data/ && sudo chown -R www-data:www-data data/

I already said that the transcoding on windows 7 is better than on ubuntu, it has nothing to do with my hardware. Are there some tweaks for the VLC Params?

I don’t know. Maybe you can tweak transcode profiles or check in vlc configs for hardware acceleration. Do you use the same version in windows and linux?
    Another question: when using ubuntu, the source file is on a ntfs partition?

danvari
    Participant

Great software! Is it possible to control WiiMC with the iPad or iPhone with this http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/vlc-remote/id297244048?mt=8 or anything else? Also how can we add HD video we want to stream to playlist? I can’t seem to add it by pressing “+”.

zany130
    Participant

I think that the playlist feature is disabled in online media tab (i’m not sure).

About vlc-remote. Maybe you can control vlc with it after you start the stream, but you need a little advanced tweak in vlc-startup params. If you want to try, go inside vlc-shares configuration page, check “advanced config” checkbox. Than, put those configs in vlc-configuration section:

• VLC Web command: http://127.0.0.1:{%port%}/requests/status.xml{%command%}
    • VLC web host address: 0.0.0.0
    • VLC web port: 8080

Those are tips. I didn’t tried it, so i can’t ensure that it will work.

fishears
    Participant

I don’t know. Maybe you can tweak transcode profiles or check in vlc configs for hardware acceleration. Do you use the same version in windows and linux?

Yes the same version and yes ntfs partition. The ntfs partition could be the problem here.

zany130
    Participant

@skoopman wrote:

Yes the same version and yes ntfs partition. The ntfs partition could be the problem here.

Yes, it could be a problem. Try moving the file in a ext3/ext4 partition (or any kind of native linux partition). Ntfs is a bit slower than native partitions.

Another bottleneck could be the hardware accelleration: linux video drivers aren’t so optimized as for windows (there are a lot of possibility here, but this is out of scope of vlc-shares. For vlc related problems you must try to ask to vlc support team)

Anonymous
    Inactive

Wow, I really have to admit that I’m amazed what you did with vlc-shares! GREAT, AWESOME work!!!

I have added new transcoding profile for Android (as you suggested) and quality has increased many times! 🙂

Also, backup.sqlite.sql technique for settings backup/restore works as expected. Here is my current backup for those wanting to do the same (has some nice tricks ;))

update configs set value='3' where key='debug.level';

update configs set value='C:/Program files (x86)/VideoLan/Vlc/vlc.exe' where key='path';

update configs set value='c:/Program Files (x86)/EasyPHP-5.3.3/www/vlc-shares/support/mediainfo/MediaInfo.exe' where key='mediainfo.path';

update configs set value='c:/Program Files (x86)/EasyPHP-5.3.3/www/vlc-shares/support/ffmpeg/bin/ffmpeg.exe' where key='ffmpeg.path';

insert into plg_profiles (label, arg, cond_devices, weight)
    select distinct 'Android Phone (HQ)', 'transcode{vcodec=h264,venc=x264{no-cabac,level=12,vbv-maxrate=384,vbv-bufsize=1000,keyint=75,ref=3,bframes=0},width=320,height=180,acodec=mp4a,ab=64,vb=384}', 1, 10 from plg_profiles p1
    where not exists (select null from plg_profiles p2 where p2.label='Android Phone (HQ)' and p2.arg='transcode{vcodec=h264,venc=x264{no-cabac,level=12,vbv-maxrate=384,vbv-bufsize=1000,keyint=75,ref=3,bframes=0},width=320,height=180,acodec=mp4a,ab=64,vb=384}' and p2.cond_devices=1 and p2.weight=10);

delete from plg_filesystem_shares where label like '%linux%';

update plg_filesystem_shares set path='C:/Users/myuser/Downloads/Torrents/' where label like '%windows%';

update plg_filesystem_shares set label='Torrents' where label like '%windows%';

There are few unresolved issues. Sorry, I don’t want to repeat, but I like to keep testig results in one place and report when they are fixed 😉

* seems that the table cannot split text by dots (.), so the width of the table is good (width of the screen) but the text breaks out if it’s too big. It does split on “-” character tho.

|Weeds.S06E07.Pinwheels.and.Wh|irligigs.HDTV.XviD-
    |FQM |

* Fast action “Share new folder” doesn’t work

** p_mobilerenderer_managetitle text breaks out of the frame in management area – not in language file yet

** When browsing shares on a computer monitor (wide) the background is not stretched but it tiles (the break is highly visible) – not going to be fixed – OK with me 🙂

zany130
    Participant

Thanks for your support. I will add your android profile in vlc-shares trunk.

zany130
    Participant

@SilentException wrote:

There are few unresolved issues. Sorry, I don’t want to repeat, but I like to keep testig results in one place and report when they are fixed 😉

* seems that the table cannot split text by dots (.), so the width of the table is good (width of the screen) but the text breaks out if it’s too big. It does split on “-” character tho.

|Weeds.S06E07.Pinwheels.and.Wh|irligigs.HDTV.XviD-
    |FQM |

If you can, try the fix in trunk for this issue. If it is unresolved, send me a screenshot

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi, will test the changes as soon as I can (at work now) 😉 Thanks!

One question, I saw you disabled parsing of update.sqlite.sql. Is that just for testing? Should I enable it?

zany130
    Participant

@SilentException wrote:

One question, I saw you disabled parsing of update.sqlite.sql. Is that just for testing? Should I enable it?

No. Leave it disabled or you will get error while installing vlc-shares.

update.sqlite.sql is planned to be a script for update database from 0.5 to 0.5.1 without lose configurations and megavideo links. It will be used from the automatic updater script.

Anyway your transcoding profile for android phone is really great!

Anonymous
    Inactive

@ximarx wrote:

@SilentException wrote:

No. Leave it disabled or you will get error while installing vlc-shares.

update.sqlite.sql is planned to be a script for update database from 0.5 to 0.5.1 without lose configurations and megavideo links. It will be used from the automatic updater script.

Anyway your transcoding profile for android phone is really great!

Nice to hear 😉

I just did upgrade and all wen’t well. Used your DB + my backup.sqlite.sql with android transcode profile lines commented; not needed because you included them 😉

Fast action is fixed and also the missing translation is here. Thanks for the fixes!

Comments on the picture: splitting can be improved 😉
    * First item split in between HDTV ?
    * Second item split on the dot
    * Third item has a space after 03. (before .HDTV). Therefore it split on space but i think HDTV would still fit in first row
    * Fourth and fifth also have a space after episode number. See comment above
    * Sixth was split nicely
    * Seventh: see second

Thanks for your help!

zany130
    Participant

It’s not easy solve break-line problem. Browser has its own rules for this. CSS gives me 3 way: no-line-break at all, breaks line in the language-way (generally on white-space) or breaks line breaking word, too. The first breaks the layout, the second is the one used now (but if line isn’t a normal text-line, this can have side effect as happens for you) and the third… well, it breaks the word…..:

A better solution requires layout changes, but i haven’t much time for this now

Anonymous
    Inactive

No problem, nothing major, and the fact is that now it’s better than before 🙂 Thanks!

zany130
    Participant

This is the best available for now:

(in trunk)

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 220 total)
  • The forum ‘VLC Shares’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Login

Lost Password