lowell

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Unicode character Subtitle Error #27640
    lowell
    Participant

    I’ve had that, too…

    Be sure to save your subtitles file as UTF-8 encoded, and then setup WiiMC subtitles options as UTF-8, too.

    in reply to: Freezes at seeking #27658
    lowell
    Participant

    Well, yes, and that’s not the case…

    I have it configured for “jump 15 secs”, and I have a whole TV series in the SAME format (XviD, MP3). But every here and there it freezes when trying to skip certain parts (eg the intro or the outro, or just boring highway hunting parts). And I’m not able to reproduce this so far. The USB device works well with WiiMC so far and so it does on my PC. Besides that I tried that with different USB devices – and I still get those freezes.

    If I revert back to 1.0.4 all is just fine and I can skip through whole episodes as much as I want – no freezing at all, no matter how hard I “try” to force a freezing.

    in reply to: *Problems after last update* (had to go back to previous) #27305
    lowell
    Participant

    Well, sorry, but the last WiiMC with absolutely NO FLAWS at all was 1.0.4 to me. No recognition issues, no sound errors while playing… Everything is just fine and smooth (except that “HOME Button after about 15 seconds” thingy).

    Please don’t get me wrong: I’m always happy about every other new release and I REALLY appreciate all your work, Tantric, but every time the current WiiMC release has the same old flaws – or it got some new ones while some older minor issues are gone. And most of that stuff isn’t just a small bit here and there, it’s always about crashing, freezing or loosing connection to the HDD.

    Are there any other people having those problems? Maybe it’s just something with me Wii, but every other software me Wii is running works absolutely great. …is this a IOS58 issue? Can’t you make it optional to use 202 or 58? Maybe that would help finding out if this is a 58 issue…?

    in reply to: *Problems after last update* (had to go back to previous) #27301
    lowell
    Participant

    in reply to: Unable to install Channel 1.5 #27310
    lowell
    Participant

    in reply to: Unable to install Channel 1.5 #27308
    lowell
    Participant

    in reply to: *Problems after last update* (had to go back to previous) #27299
    lowell
    Participant

    in reply to: Strange noises with 1.0.9 #26985
    lowell
    Participant

    in reply to: Version 1.07 to 1.0.9 – Cannot read USB Drive #26927
    lowell
    Participant

    in reply to: IOS58 + No network connection = Code dump! #26868
    lowell
    Participant

    in reply to: Bug #26793
    lowell
    Participant

    in reply to: WiiMC Channel 1.3 issues #26776
    lowell
    Participant

    I’ve never installed any WiiMC -Channel, so I always run WiiMC through HBC (1.0.8), so I can’t give any comment on that Channel thing, but anyways:

    My WD Elements 1,5TB _IS_ recognized and seems to be running with normal (USB2) speed – did dozens of tests, all is working great. I have no problem whatsoever with that drive (of course I do have IOS58 installed!). BUT before I ran the new WiiMC v1.0.7 I uninstalled IOS202 v1.0.

    Then, for testing, I re-install the IOS202 v1.0 (also still have IOS58 installed), my drive suddenly is no longer found in WiiMC v1.0.7! When uninstalling IOS202 v1.0 again the drive is back working without any flaws!

    Maybe this helps some people getting rid of theit “not found” issue or it helps Tantric in figuring out how implement a fix for that.

    in reply to: A couple of restore points ideas. #26650
    lowell
    Participant

    in reply to: Can’t Exit / Freezing #26735
    lowell
    Participant

    in reply to: Can’t Exit / Freezing #26730
    lowell
    Participant

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 52 total)